Toran

summers coming

Toran
*Jealous* As much as I hate holidays, I would go to Greece tomorrow if I could. I should have mentioned that when I first replied. I would love to go to Greece. Maybe not that particular area though - I hear some parts there can be really loud at night. 

I agree with you on that. Whenever we go out somewhere different, I always try to find a time it won't be busy, such as when tourists come to my area, we won't go to certain places then.

Where have you been? 

Living in bristol im only about an hour and half from the south coast from swanage to about exmouth and Torquay ive been along that coast line many many times. I like weston burnham on sea Glastonbury stonehenge avebury I visit castles a lot too and small hardly known stone circles as well. I tend to go out of season I dont worry about the weather as a rule as long as its not raining.

Arthur

Trips been Bali Vietnam and Cambodia to see Anchor Watt absolutely loved that. Trips in USA that ive enjoyed Disneyland Florida Kennedy space center, Trip to Washington to visit the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum that was awesome. Also saw whitehouse and monuments around it. Oh I forgot about Hong Kong that was amazing!

spiderwoman0_2

I like the look of summer, but I hate it at the same time, I can't deal with the heat and the brightness.  I've only ever been to Cornwall, Cumbria and Yorkshire Dales for holidays and only as a child.  As an adult it's more of a weekend away to Scarborough or just day trips.  Never been out of England, not even to Wales or Scotland or Ireland.  Must admit, I'm always glad to get home.

Sofi
Living in bristol im only about an hour and half from the south coast from swanage to about exmouth and Torquay ive been along that coast line many many times. I like weston burnham on sea Glastonbury stonehenge avebury I visit castles a lot too and small hardly known stone circles as well. I tend to go out of season I dont worry about the weather as a rule as long as its not raining.

I used to visit castles a lot when I was a child with my mum, around places in driving distance from my home. I guess I went through an obsession with castles. Most of them were quiet as it was probably out of season too.

I live near the coast, the beach is about 6 miles from my house but we don't go in the summer as a lot of tourists come and it is chaotic! We sometimes walk on the beach in the winter. 

Have you ever been to Africa?

I like the look of summer, but I hate it at the same time, I can't deal with the heat and the brightness.  I've only ever been to Cornwall, Cumbria and Yorkshire Dales for holidays and only as a child.  As an adult it's more of a weekend away to Scarborough or just day trips.  Never been out of England, not even to Wales or Scotland or Ireland.  Must admit, I'm always glad to get home.

I live in Scotland. My house is quite close to the Scotland/England border.

Toran

No ive never been to Africa it looks Lovely on the t v and wildlife programs but I doubt I will ever have the courage to go because I dont travel well abroad driving in france was kind of ok but I couldnt take the long flight and would in general be to much of an ordeal for me especially at the moment. I never say never but I wouldnt think it was likely.

Sofi
No ive never been to Africa it looks Lovely on the t v and wildlife programs but I doubt I will ever have the courage to go because I dont travel well abroad driving in france was kind of ok but I couldnt take the long flight and would in general be to much of an ordeal for me especially at the moment. I never say never but I wouldnt think it was likely.

Yes - Africa is very far from where we are. I am scared of flying as I have gotten older, so I would never really want to be in an aeroplane (apart from my desire to visit Greece and see the ruins etc.) 

Sometimes, I just feel like I wish I could visit Africa to help them because of their hunger and poverty and disease. I would probably be no help but sometimes I would like to help them. 

Heather

I don't mind traveling.  I haven't done that much of it though.  When I was younger, our family didn't travel too much but we would regularly (at least once a year) go to another city 3-4 hours away by car and visit my grandparents and other relatives.  That was okay but we didn't do a lot of tourist things except stay in a hotel and shopping.  It was okay because it was all family and they were nice to me but I wasn't 100% comfortable because I didn't see them that much. 

We went to Alberta when I was younger and then for a shorter trip or two when I got older we went to Edmonton for a few days.  My parents don't have passports yet and don't like flying, well mostly my dad, and so we haven't gone much else.  My mom and sisters and I went with my mom's friend and her son I think for camping just across the US/Canada border for a weekend when I was younger. 

I went through the USA to Mexico for a missions trip in grade 12 because I thought it would be good to do something like that before I graduated.  I went with my best friend at the time and her youth group.  It was okay.

My favourite ever holiday has been going to the UK though!! :D  I think that has something to do my boyfriend living there and meeting him when I went there and spending time with him there.  Plus I have always had a desire to go to the UK.. I think it has something to do with the castles and English literature and movies and accents. :P  I have been to London once, my first time there I flew into the London airport because I just wanted to meet him and there are no direct flights from Vancouver to Manchester in November and I didn't think it was much difference.. must now I fly into Manchester so direct flights are from May to October time basically.  I have been mainly on the west side of the UK and North Wales.  I am super excited to go back to the UK this summer. :D  Lots of exciting travel plans.  I think I'm good as long as I have plans.  But when I'm in the UK, we will probably still do a lot of staying at home holiday for a good portion of it but we have some bigger plans for a good part of it too to help us with a project we are doing together. :D

mary

I've done a fair bit of traveling when I stop and think about it...

Furthest trip I've made is Australia to here and have only been home once, for a funeral, in 16 years (on 18 March).

As far as Canada and America go I've been to Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis and some inbetween places whilst traveling.

I've been on long haul coach rides from here to Budapest and back (40hrs each way) twice... because it was only £90 return! haha...

I have been to Budapest many times.  Spent a fair bit of my holidays (photographing bands / festivals) in various parts of Finland and Norway.  I've also been to Disneyland Paris, Berlin, Wacken, Hamburg a few times and on my last trip I went to Wroclaw and Katowice in Poland.

Sofi
I don't mind traveling.  I haven't done that much of it though.  When I was younger, our family didn't travel too much but we would regularly (at least once a year) go to another city 3-4 hours away by car and visit my grandparents and other relatives.  That was okay but we didn't do a lot of tourist things except stay in a hotel and shopping.  It was okay because it was all family and they were nice to me but I wasn't 100% comfortable because I didn't see them that much. 

We went to Alberta when I was younger and then for a shorter trip or two when I got older we went to Edmonton for a few days.  My parents don't have passports yet and don't like flying, well mostly my dad, and so we haven't gone much else.  My mom and sisters and I went with my mom's friend and her son I think for camping just across the US/Canada border for a weekend when I was younger. 

I went through the USA to Mexico for a missions trip in grade 12 because I thought it would be good to do something like that before I graduated.  I went with my best friend at the time and her youth group.  It was okay.

My favourite ever holiday has been going to the UK though!! :D  I think that has something to do my boyfriend living there and meeting him when I went there and spending time with him there.  Plus I have always had a desire to go to the UK.. I think it has something to do with the castles and English literature and movies and accents. :P  I have been to London once, my first time there I flew into the London airport because I just wanted to meet him and there are no direct flights from Vancouver to Manchester in November and I didn't think it was much difference.. must now I fly into Manchester so direct flights are from May to October time basically.  I have been mainly on the west side of the UK and North Wales.  I am super excited to go back to the UK this summer. :D  Lots of exciting travel plans.  I think I'm good as long as I have plans.  But when I'm in the UK, we will probably still do a lot of staying at home holiday for a good portion of it but we have some bigger plans for a good part of it too to help us with a project we are doing together. :D

Very interesting! Your trips to the UK sound great. I think you will see lots of new places in the UK on your next trip :P  I think you're really brave going on the long flight by yourself. I don't think I could do that but I suppose if I really wanted to meet someone at the other side of the Atlantic, I might work up to it! 

I've done a fair bit of traveling when I stop and think about it...

Furthest trip I've made is Australia to here and have only been home once, for a funeral, in 16 years (on 18 March).

As far as Canada and America go I've been to Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis and some inbetween places whilst traveling.

I've been on long haul coach rides from here to Budapest and back (40hrs each way) twice... because it was only £90 return! haha...

I have been to Budapest many times.  Spent a fair bit of my holidays (photographing bands / festivals) in various parts of Finland and Norway.  I've also been to Disneyland Paris, Berlin, Wacken, Hamburg a few times and on my last trip I went to Wroclaw and Katowice in Poland.

What was the purpose of the Budapest trips? You have been to lots of places! 

mary
What was the purpose of the Budapest trips? You have been to lots of places! 

I had a friend that lived there... must have been there at least 7 or so times.  3 times was to go to a 7 day music festival with her... 21 days of my life spent on an island in Budapest... fun times :)

I forgot to mention I've also been to Dublin a couple of times, loads of visits to Scotland as well :)  I've travelled a lot through England as well.  I used to travel A LOT to be fair, but not really traveled much since in the last year or so, just once to London and near Glasgow.