Boobookittyfrag

Heads up

Boobookittyfrag

I don't like the fact that this woman is going to make money off of it. I think anyone who takes advantage of people with disabilities is beyond repugnant.

mary

Thanks for the heads up.  I think that we should be wary of anyone claiming to be a journalist unless one or others of us know any different.  We don't need any more negativity aimed towards us, or anyone else for that matter.

Besides which, even if we know of journalists that aren't too bad, there are always those that will twist what people say no matter what was said.

mary
I don't like the fact that this woman is going to make money off of it. I think anyone who takes advantage of people with disabilities is beyond repugnant.

I guess you could say journalists make money out of any story that they write, but that's purely because it's their bread and butter.  They're not making money off the people, but off the article in which they write.  So, to be fair, they're only doing their job... some just do it better than others.

Boobookittyfrag

She's going out of her way to do it though.

mary
She's going out of her way to do it though.

Maybe she's been given it as an assignment?  Journalists are paid to write stories, so if they see a story in something they will pursue it.  No stories, no pay :/

Willow

She's definitely a journalist for the Daily Mail, if you search her name on their website all of her articles come up. But she doesn't write very nice articles.

mary
She's definitely a journalist for the Daily Mail, if you search her name on their website all of her articles come up. But she doesn't write very nice articles.

I've come to realise over the years that not many do... there are very few journalists in my opinion that write unbiased, informative and overall good articles.  But, that said, I think that's the case in whatever they write about. 

Andy

I have but one rule when it comes to the media;

Never trust the media.

They are a business out to make money and will seek that money from the largest audience possible and so will feed into the malignant  in order to obtain what they need and put across their agenda which serves other interests as the media is corporate and I fear the future of government is corporate.

Andy

No she doesn't and so I have just informed someone I know who works in autistic disabilities about this person and that they are on the prowl for a story, he says wise move to circulate as given who she writes for and what she writes what comes out can only be negative concerning ASD individuals.

But a leaked email from Appleyard from the past to give an indication of the malicious intent of her brand of journalism;

http://www.thefword.org.uk/blog/2008/02/daily_mail_soli

Sofi

I don't understand. What do I need to be careful of happening to me?