Boobookittyfrag

Heads up

Andy
I don't understand. What do I need to be careful of happening to me? 

There is a journalist doing the rounds looking for wives of ASD husbands to canvass their experiences being married to ASD, which in itself is not wholly bad but this journalist works for a questionable news paper and other outlets where her writing history is kind of negative towards those she writes about and so if she gets what she wants, expect an article about ASD husbands from a negative point of view which will damage us further.

If you are not the partner or wife of an ASD male you needn't worry, but still if you are contacted by this person beware of what you say for what she is researching, there could be other angles that could make a story.

But personally I hear a journalists name I always research them and if I don't like what I read I keep clear as I will not seek to feed into what hatred I perceive growing in this country towards disabled people.

Edited to add, if you are contacted and unsure, perhaps ask others or bring it here PM if you like so some others can discern the intent and advise.

Because one thing exists and can trap the unwary for there are some that feel so wonderful about themselves when the media asks their opinion and when such happens their mouth motors off because they thrive on their perceived moment of stardom unaware that what they say can be twisted for they are in fact being used.

Toran

In the end the journalist is writting what the political owners want to hear to bolster their own careers within the paper if you can call that a career. Its sickening that they can do this without any thought at all for the consequences of those concerned it just shows what a sick society we have to live in and how low people can get which is lower than a snake to the ground.

Toran
There is a journalist doing the rounds looking for wives of ASD husbands to canvass their experiences being married to ASD, which in itself is not wholly bad but this journalist works for a questionable news paper and other outlets where her writing history is kind of negative towards those she writes about and so if she gets what she wants, expect an article about ASD husbands from a negative point of view which will damage us further.

If you are not the partner or wife of an ASD male you needn't worry, but still if you are contacted by this person beware of what you say for what she is researching, there could be other angles that could make a story.

But personally I hear a journalists name I always research them and if I don't like what I read I keep clear as I will not seek to feed into what hatred I perceive growing in this country towards disabled people.

I may be off my target here I dont know but from what I see reminds me of Nazi germany when hittler took over one by one picking on groups one by one because it didnt fit into what was percieved by the few to be the master race.

Ben
There's a woman from the Daily Mail going through ASD websites looking for women to talk about how difficult it is coping with husbands who have Aspergers.

She's notorious for trying to drum up hate against Eastern Europeans in an article she wrote a while back for the DM.

AVOID.

Hmmm... 

Andy
I may be off my target here I dont know but from what I see reminds me of Nazi germany when hittler took over one by one picking on groups one by one because it didnt fit into what was percieved by the few to be the master race.

Ah excellent, I'm not the only one that sees this for divide and conquer is alive and kicking in the UK of today. It's a proven strategy and it works because people are essentially lazy, they prefer to be told rather than find out for themselves. And where people prefer to be told, they will be told anything.

Although Britain has been historically liberal/welcoming that is now changing and we are headed down dark paths because the conditions that existed in 1936 in Germany are very likely to exist here if we are not wary and we are meant to learn from the past, not repeat it.

Heather

Thanks for the heads up.  If I ever get a questionable message from someone I don't know, I won't respond and/or will post it on the forum to see if other people got the same message.  I don't think she would contact me though because I am not from the UK but I do have a boyfriend with AS too but I would hate to say something and have it twisted so I'm going to avoid talking to journalists if at all possible. :D  I know that newspapers, especially certain ones, are not very good at printing the truth.. they just like good stories..

Toran
Thanks for the heads up.  If I ever get a questionable message from someone I don't know, I won't respond and/or will post it on the forum to see if other people got the same message.  I don't think she would contact me though because I am not from the UK but I do have a boyfriend with AS too but I would hate to say something and have it twisted so I'm going to avoid talking to journalists if at all possible. :D  I know that newspapers, especially certain ones, are not very good at printing the truth.. they just like good stories..

Thats the truth for sure I dont think I would ever trust one after all the things you see in tge papers. Its only cheap stories they are looking for doesn't matter about truth or fact as long as they sell the papers.

billy sheet

The Daily Mail is a dreadful newspaper.

Toran

I dont think there is a newspaper out there that I can say I think a lot of if you go on youtube and look up some wild conspiracy theory there is probably as much truth in those as the daily pspers.

Andy

The Daily Mail  is what is known as a rabble rouser and it seems quite popular in this country at the moment, which does not bode good for where we could be heading if we are not careful

But this little song sums up The Daily Mail ;