Akirasugoineko

Tantrums

Stressmonster

I get meltdowns when someone tries to mess with my routines while i'm not on board with it. I can still throw a "hissy fit" as an adult.

"No 2 days are alike, just don't dare to change the routine."

Erythrura

I don't have tantrums anymore, and instead just feel a large amount of anxiety or, quite rarely, my cognitive abilities will temporarily recede and I may find myself unable to speak. When it comes to being in crowds, shopping centres, etc. (sensory overload stuff), I mainly feel a sense of dissociation and moderate fatigue. Can anyone relate? 

Willow
I don't have tantrums anymore, and instead just feel a large amount of anxiety or, quite rarely, my cognitive abilities will temporarily recede and I may find myself unable to speak. When it comes to being in crowds, shopping centres, etc. (sensory overload stuff), I mainly feel a sense of dissociation and moderate fatigue. Can anyone relate? 

I do get this sometimes - and yes, I guess it is in place of a tantrum/total meltdown. I am comfortable in my local shopping centre because I go a lot, but new ones do bring on a sense of panic - as does seeing live music. Although that usually goes into full panic.

Stressmonster

I can relate. Understand what you're saying. (or rather writing... :P )

FireWire

i have a melt down if someone messes with my routine or if someone gets in my face and won't give me any space i just can't handle it. i'm almost 29 and after i've had a melt down i think to myself why am i acting like a child who's not getting his own way, i just can't help it i get the shake's after aswell, it's almost like i'm locked in my body and i can't control myself. i'm learning to control it though it's not as bad now as when i was a teen but i still have them and think i will for the rest of my life, all i can really do is try and not get into a situation that will progress me into having a melt down in the first place, so i avoid busy public place's and waiting room's basically anywhere there are lot's of people. my fiance is great at noticing the sign's before i go into full blown melt down and she will do her best to keep me calm and remove me from that environment i can't thank her enough for all she does for me.

Stressmonster
i have a melt down if someone messes with my routine or if someone gets in my face and won't give me any space i just can't handle it. i'm almost 29 and after i've had a melt down i think to myself why am i acting like a child who's not getting his own way, i just can't help it i get the shake's after aswell, it's almost like i'm locked in my body and i can't control myself. i'm learning to control it though it's not as bad now as when i was a teen but i still have them and think i will for the rest of my life, all i can really do is try and not get into a situation that will progress me into having a melt down in the first place, so i avoid busy public place's and waiting room's basically anywhere there are lot's of people. my fiance is great at noticing the sign's before i go into full blown melt down and she will do her best to keep me calm and remove me from that environment i can't thank her enough for all she does for me.

I am blessed with a fiancee like that myself. Can totally relate to what you're writing here.

Khasper

While I don't have big tantrums, If someone asks me to do something that I would not normally do I usually sit around and sulk stating how much I really don't want to do that.

StormCrow

I never had tantrums, but defiantly had meltdowns/panic, and they all happened when someone changed something that was mine and I no control of where it was going.

Maybe I have more OCD than I thought.

For reaction, if anything gets me mad or panicky, I walk away and usually go into the woods. If I don't do that then I I usually just stand still, don't speak, start sweating like crazy, and just generaly ignore the world around me.

Willow
I am blessed with a fiancee like that myself. Can totally relate to what you're writing here.

Me too - although as we both have AS, we sort of help each other out. :D

Sofi

Yes, I have had these for all of my life I think but they might have changed a little as I have gotten older. I also have had panic attacks, they are rare but when they do happen, as anyone who has had one will know, that they are intense and awful. A rare few is quite enough!!!!! 

I have a tantrum for a reason like, I do not understand what a person has said or a change to a routine or when something big happens unexpectedly. Recently, someone arrived at my house and I had not expected me (nobody had warned me this was going to happen - they forgot) and I could not handle this even although I do not mind the person who arrived.