Akirasugoineko

Tantrums

Heather
I also hate it when someone has planned to come over but they're early or late. This either means I'm not ready for them (either the house is not clean enough or I'm not ready yet) or that I've been ready and am sat doing nothing because I don't know how long they'll be and I don't know what I could start doing and then happily leave it at the drop of a hat whenever they do show up. :(

Plus I dislike it when people say they'll be here 'around' 2pm or 'between' 2pm and 2.30pm - mostly for the same reasons as above. :( :(

I hate this too. It makes me anxious enough knowing that someone will be coming, but when I don't know the exact time they are coming makes it worse. I can't stand late people! Whenever I have a time to be somewhere, I will definitely be there at that exact time, probably early. And if i can't for a reason like traffic, i get completely panicked! I only live on plans.

I hate this as well.  I remember when a few years ago, when I first started talking to my SO, I had a few friends and they'd usually call to get together once a week but it had been slowing down because we were all sort of drifting apart since leaving high school about a year before.  I would have to think "maybe they will call and want to hang out tonight" even if they didn't so that if they did, I would be ready.  Some days though I would get home and put on comfy clothes and just watch some thing or whatever I was doing, I would just want to stay home, and then they'd text... and I'd feel bad because I was in the middle of a movie or was in pajamas or just not in the mindset to go out. 

I also had to make a new rule for when I go out with my friends, that being late is okay because they are never really early and it's not an appointment or work.  So I usually plan for a few minutes after.  I hate when I'm waiting for someone to come at a certain time and they are late or if I'm waiting to leave at a certain time but not everyone is ready... I never know what I can start either.. it's better that I have my iPhone now because I can take it out and browse the internet or something and if I'm on a good page, I can save it for later or look at in the car or something.  It was horrible when I was in high school though, and my sisters would take forever to get ready it seemed.  It made me so nervous because I was ready on time, yet I was in danger of being late because of my sister?  I remember praying on the way to school and also trying my best not to look at the time in the car, so that if needed, God could slow down the time or something so we'd make it to school on time.  I was hardly ever late. :D

I remember once having a bit of a meltdown a year or two ago with something related to university I think (when I was taking general courses), but I can't remember the whole thing.. I just couldn't do something I had planned and sort of cried when I got home and was explaining it to my mom.  I tend to try my best to hold in my emotions until I get home and then either let them out to my mom or my boyfriend.  Sometimes though it's harder to hold them in than others.

Sofi
I don't meltdown in public much anymore. If I'm feeling off, I just don't go out. I used to panic in public though - I would just find a taxi and get home as soon as possible. Once I was in the taxi, I would stop panicking.

I have often had a meltdown  or tantrum is public, not so much nowadays because I don't go out hardly ever. But when I was at school, I used to just take off running away when I felt panicked about whatever it was, which is quite unsafe when I am feeling like that, i learnt this later that i could have ran into a road without thinking

or something when feeling like that. I have also had panic attacks on buses when I was on my own before school and I actually said to a stranger  (which is so unlike me to speak to a stranger) i said 'can you help me?'  - it was a bad time, i hate to remember stuff like that! 

Willow
I have often had a meltdown  or tantrum is public, not so much nowadays because I don't go out hardly ever. But when I was at school, I used to just take off running away when I felt panicked about whatever it was, which is quite unsafe when I am feeling like that, i learnt this later that i could have ran into a road without thinking

or something when feeling like that. I have also had panic attacks on buses when I was on my own before school and I actually said to a stranger  (which is so unlike me to speak to a stranger) i said 'can you help me?'  - it was a bad time, i hate to remember stuff like that! 

I used to be the same when I was panicking - to do with danger. I was just so all over the place, I could have ended up hurting myself because I wasn't paying attention. I was sent home from school once because a teacher who didn't know my issues had asked me to take my non school jumper off (even though it had been allowed by the principal). Anyway, I got about 30 seconds away from the school and fell over and almost ended up in a main road. A lorry beeped his horn at me and traffic started to slow down, but I got back up and went back to school (just, I was really shaky and felt faint) where they phoned my Mum and calmed me down etc.

Sofi
I used to be the same when I was panicking - to do with danger. I was just so all over the place, I could have ended up hurting myself because I wasn't paying attention. I was sent home from school once because a teacher who didn't know my issues had asked me to take my non school jumper off (even though it had been allowed by the principal). Anyway, I got about 30 seconds away from the school and fell over and almost ended up in a main road. A lorry beeped his horn at me and traffic started to slow down, but I got back up and went back to school (just, I was really shaky and felt faint) where they phoned my Mum and calmed me down etc.

Oh no! That sounds bad :( that does sound similar to me, sometimes I have just taken off running and just kept going on a long walk on my own. I would not do that anymore though for safety reasons. I felt out of control at those times, like i wasn't responsible for what my body did or something! At school also I used to just get up and run out of classes and run to the nurse, crying and not making any sense. The nurse saw me a lot because of this , she used to let me just sit in her room reading if i didn't feel like being in class ! :) 

Willow
Oh no! That sounds bad :( that does sound similar to me, sometimes I have just taken off running and just kept going on a long walk on my own. I would not do that anymore though for safety reasons. I felt out of control at those times, like i wasn't responsible for what my body did or something! At school also I used to just get up and run out of classes and run to the nurse, crying and not making any sense. The nurse saw me a lot because of this , she used to let me just sit in her room reading if i didn't feel like being in class ! :)

I had this kind of arrangement with the nurse at my school as well. She was really nice :)

Whoknows

If I get it:Tantrum can be:

Rage or Panic at a SUDDEN CHANGE.

Well, it's rare.

Sofi

Yes, I don't cope with change. Small changes or big changes. 

FireWire

i don't like change and find it hard to cope if my routine is messed about with. when having appointment's with anyone, for instance the Doctor's they have to be made with about two weeks notice so i can prepare myself for it.

Sofi
i don't like change and find it hard to cope if my routine is messed about with. when having appointment's with anyone, for instance the Doctor's they have to be made with about two weeks notice so i can prepare myself for it.

Me too, but if there is a plan made TOO far in advance I will just have more time to panic and worry about it so it needs to be in the middle with timing. And I hate if there is any change of plans, I can't handle that, or an unexpected thing happen.

FireWire
Me too, but if there is a plan made TOO far in advance I will just have more time to panic and worry about it so it needs to be in the middle with timing. And I hate if there is any change of plans, I can't handle that, or an unexpected thing happen.

i find my two weeks notice work's for me as it give's me a week to contemplate it. then a week to panic and try and overcome my fear's of going out and going to a busy waiting room. but i also dislike it when I've got to the point when I'm all calm and ready for the appointment then they change the date or the time or the place. i won't go to my doctor's much as you are not guaranteed to see the same doctor all the time and i don't like that.