BirdSong

Whats a good forum like this one but for an 11 year old Aspiegirl?

(deleted)

It might not be the moderators - if you post twice within 5 minutes, your post automatically gets put into one. 

That's never happened before with me... (at least not as far as I know anyway...)

Anyway have you tried using this forum with her? Does she not like it or are you just assuming that?

Willow

That's never happened before with me... (at least not as far as I know anyway...)

You must not have posted in quick enough succession previous to this, it is an automated action to prevent double posts.

(deleted)

Although it doesn't actually prevent double posts because you still get two identical posts but just joined into one.

Willow

Although it doesn't actually prevent double posts because you still get two identical posts but just joined into one.

By double post I mean two separate boxes with a reply in from the same person without anyone else's reply in between, it's a waste of space in the thread.

(deleted)

Oh sorry the term "double post" usually referres to posting the same (or very similar) things twice in a row usually but not always by accident (EDIT: I think that some mobile forum clients allow the user to press the "post" button twice without leaving the reply window - I don't actually know why they make them like that though...).

Edited by invisible

BirdSong

Anyway have you tried using this forum with her? Does she not like it or are you just assuming that?

I'm assuming.  She has a lot going on right now, getting to know other Aspies at her new school ect.  I'm sure she'll find this site when she is ready though

Poppet

I think this site (http://autisticwomenscollective.com) is supposed to be like, a safe place for young girls and women on the spectrum as well as mothers with spectrum kids, but it's really inactive and kind of has an odd vibe to it. Like, I get the feeling all the people on there are kind of the same type of personality and it feels a little more NT than I expected. It's hard to describe. But you might check it out anyway?

This thread reminded me of this site I used to be OBSESSED with when I was little called Purple-Moon. It ran from around 1997 to 2000 and was basically one of the first social media profile communication and sharing sites on the web, back when forums and IRCs were the norm and there wasn't much fun or color to it. It was a BLAST. I wish something this good existed nowadays but I don't know that it does. I felt like their rules were pretty fair for young girls. You could get kicked out easily if you broke the rules and it deterred anyone from bothering to be a bully. It was a really fun and safe place to hang out and have interaction with other kids. I feel like at such a young age, you may not even really *need* to have an aspergers specific place to be, it could just be a safe environment to explore your interests as a kid and talk to other kids with the same interests that aren't able/wanting to bully you. Here's some screenshots from that old site that I grabbed from the Way Back Machine. tumblr_ncxhqbaiA91twxnwno5_1280.pngtumblr_ncxhqbaiA91twxnwno7_1280.png More here, here, here, and here.

Sorry I know this isn't helpful to your question but maybe it'll give you something else to consider when searching for a safe/fun place for an 11 year old to interact with others online. I'm sure similar sites exist these days you just gotta find 'em.

Edited by Poppet