(deleted)

Supermarkets are not very Aspie friendly

(deleted)

What is problematic I think, is when you're used to doing the same thing, and it is now impossible to do it, it kinda messes up your schedule and routine, and that is where it hurts.

And also that I can no longer enjoy something that I used to enjoy.

HoleInTheEarth

I think the best thing to do with supermarkets is to put your MP3 player on, listen to some music, and do it online!

(deleted)

and do it online!

Eeek!!! Then you can't even chose your own apples!!!

HoleInTheEarth

Eeek!!! Then you can't even chose your own apples!!!

Apples? What are apples? To be fair, the only reason I go out to the shop is for some items I need. I always always have pizza Wednesday for tea. I get the double deckers and freeze half. And then there is coffee, my pasta, my Horlicks, erm, yeah okay going into the shop I always grab what I need, and online I can only get "some" of them. But hey, you don't have to deal with people online, it's click click done. There is only the delivery person who drops it off and leaves you alone. :)

(deleted)

Apples? What are apples?

Apples are round fruit. They're usually either red or green in colour and they're about 5cm in diameter. You seriously mean to tell me that you've never ever heard of apples???

Anyway apples get bruised quite easily and usually at the shops near where I live a lot of the apples are bruised and there are usually only one or two bags of apples (apples are usually sold in a bag with about 10 apples in it) which don't have a whole pile of bruised apples in them and I usually spend quite long at the shop trying to find apples which aren't bruised (because bruises in apples don't taste that nice). The problem with shopping online is that someone else does the actual shopping for you and they just grab the nearest bag of apples without checking if they are bruised or not and that is why I don't like online shopping. (I'm also fussy about which loaf of bread I buy and about avoiding cracked biscuits and dinged boxes. I just chose apples as an example but clearly a bit of an unfortunate one because you don't seem to know what apples are.)

Edited by invisible

Frankie

I'm now started on the subject!, I went in Coop a couple weeks ago, asked for £5 gas, £10 Council Tax, £15 Electric, the guy says "so £10 Electric, £10 Gas & £15 Council Tax" I said No, then corrected him, he then jumbles it all up different again, then he finally says it correct back to me then says the cost is £35, I said it should be £30, then said 15+5+10=30, he started his rubbish, I got annoyed & asked for my money & cards back then went to the other shop & got my bills without a problem. I had all what I wanted written down this time so they had no excuses to get it wrong... I felt clever & outsmarted the staff who take the p*ss ;)

King_oni

I think the best thing to do with supermarkets is to put your MP3 player on, listen to some music, and do it online!

While I would enjoy this, I think the entire online grocery thing should actually be improved a lot; at least here.

1. It should be available everywhere (the biggest supermarket storechain only recently started delivering in my zipcode; despite an actual store of this chain is less than 10 minutes away)

2. Service fees should be reasonable. I don't mind paying a bit for delivery, but it shouldn't be out of proportion. It shouldn't be marketed as some obscene luxury, and only be availale if you buy upward of X amount of whatever your currency is.

3. I should be able to select from the entire range of products they have. Currently; it's pretty much the A brands, which are expensive as well. I mean, when I want a bottle of cola, and I can do (and enjoy) with the cheapest storebrand, I don't want to buy Coca cola, which costs me over 4 times as much. And it seems that this practice isn't really coming down as such. Only big brands available.

4. I would actually prefer if more stores would do this rather than maybe 1 or 2 storechains.

No Longer Here

Yep, that's my survival strategy too :)

HoleInTheEarth

Apples are round fruit. They're usually either red or green in colour and they're about 5cm in diameter. You seriously mean to tell me that you've never ever heard of apples???

Anyway apples get bruised quite easily and usually at the shops near where I live a lot of the apples are bruised and there are usually only one or two bags of apples (apples are usually sold in a bag with about 10 apples in it) which don't have a whole pile of bruised apples in them and I usually spend quite long at the shop trying to find apples which aren't bruised (because bruises in apples don't taste that nice). The problem with shopping online is that someone else does the actual shopping for you and they just grab the nearest bag of apples without checking if they are bruised or not and that is why I don't like online shopping. (I'm also fussy about which loaf of bread I buy and about avoiding cracked biscuits and dinged boxes. I just chose apples as an example but clearly a bit of an unfortunate one because you don't seem to know what apples are.)

I do know what apples are, I just rarely buy them. I'm not a big fan of fruit unles it is a mango. Then I always have to say "withthemango" repeatedly in the same tone until I mess it up.

Blame Pot Noodle Curry flavour for that. "Add some mango". ^_^

I'm now started on the subject!, I went in Coop a couple weeks ago, asked for £5 gas, £10 Council Tax, £15 Electric, the guy says "so £10 Electric, £10 Gas & £15 Council Tax" I said No, then corrected him, he then jumbles it all up different again, then he finally says it correct back to me then says the cost is £35, I said it should be £30, then said 15+5+10=30, he started his rubbish, I got annoyed & asked for my money & cards back then went to the other shop & got my bills without a problem. I had all what I wanted written down this time so they had no excuses to get it wrong... I felt clever & outsmarted the staff who take the p*ss ;)

Hah! I would have felt clever too! They have no excuses if you write it down. Bravo! :D

While I would enjoy this, I think the entire online grocery thing should actually be improved a lot; at least here.

1. It should be available everywhere (the biggest supermarket storechain only recently started delivering in my zipcode; despite an actual store of this chain is less than 10 minutes away)

2. Service fees should be reasonable. I don't mind paying a bit for delivery, but it shouldn't be out of proportion. It shouldn't be marketed as some obscene luxury, and only be availale if you buy upward of X amount of whatever your currency is.

3. I should be able to select from the entire range of products they have. Currently; it's pretty much the A brands, which are expensive as well. I mean, when I want a bottle of cola, and I can do (and enjoy) with the cheapest storebrand, I don't want to buy Coca cola, which costs me over 4 times as much. And it seems that this practice isn't really coming down as such. Only big brands available.

4. I would actually prefer if more stores would do this rather than maybe 1 or 2 storechains.

ASDA charge a £25 minimum spend before they let you buy from them online, and delivery is usually about £3 for a morning delivery, with weekends I find disaterous, at £5 for an afternoon delivery.

Yep, that's my survival strategy too :)

Someone gets it! ^_^

ponz

I only eat homemade soups, and I have major issues with organic vegetables not being available! The stores are very nice, though, and will help me out. The store I go to specifically makes sure to have zucchini and yellow squash out on Tuesdays for me, and I'm going to try to organize ordering cases of those vegetables as the winter approaches, since they're going out of season (I'm not 100% sure that's what the person said they could do in an email). Also, one time there was no zucchini or yellow squash for a week because the farm had a pest problem, and so my mom asked the main desk and they called 2 other nearby stores of the same chain to see if they had any in stock, which was very helpful, though going to a new store caused a meltdown. I really hope I can communicate to them about ordering cases of vegetables, since last year I used frozen ones and it isn't the same at all...

I've also set up a chicken ordering system with a smaller store, since I need 8-9 whole, organic chickens a month, and since I was nervous about a new store, I asked them in an email beforehand where the meat department was, so I wouldn't have to figure it out when I got there. Stores want customers to come back, so they're "happy" to do little things for customers.

I have a lot of issues with noise, so I always wear my headphones. I know the routine at the register, so I just nod when they ask "do you want a receipt?" I wear sunglasses too, since I can get overwhelmed visually, so those plus my headphones means they don't bother with small talk. XP

It is very upsetting when they're out of stock of something, as it completely changes the taste of my soup and my vegetable chopping routine. >.<