thegingerone

I do that.  I also bite around the insides of my lips, and have had so many ulcers and sore patches from it.  Biting my nails, grinding my teeth and most things tht everyone else has said here are also things that I do.  

(deleted)

... coudnt imagine something inside of my mouth... just my tongue was sooo weird to deal with and some more was too much to consider.

I also find tongues a pain sometimes... and gross.

I do it all the time, never thought about it as a stim though!

Yeah me too LOL!!! I lot of things that I used to do just seemed like something that everyone would do as well until I discovered what "stimming" was all about!

Poppet

Omg! Based on the response, I'd say it's definitely a common stim! How interesting to hear from so many people so fast that do this too... :huh: Like I said, I've never known anyone else in my life that does this!

Ok I just googled "cheek biting" and found a lot more info than I previously found on it... But still, some of the info is kind of not the same as what I'm talking about (and what you guys are all most likely talking about).

Here's a few articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morsicatio_buccarum

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-p-connelly-dds/cheek-biting-_b_818047.html

http://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/ever-wondered-why-you-bite-the-insides-of-your-cheeks-0630144

I know I don't do it because of some jaw alignment issue. Honestly, it sounds gross but I do it because I like the texture of it, the way it feels... I could go into more detail but it really is gross to talk about! haha. So I will just say it is a texture thing for me... But definitely obsessive and seems to be a stim.

i was doing that as i saw this post! i do it all the time, and i always make weird faces when i do it too. i can't stop, even though i've made myself bleed lol.

Same here. <_< I hate the face I make when I do it... Especially if I don't realize I'm doing it, I probably look so strange! Like I'm constantly considering something. ^_^<_<^_^<_<-_-  lol

What strange animals we all are that we like to eat our cheeks :D

Hahaha seriously.

BirdSong

4139381_f260.jpg

when I just can't get to it properly by contorting my face, or my muscles get sore after trying to hold the  -_- expression for too long, i give up and just push my cheek into a better position :rolleyes:

Edited by BirdSong

babybug

omg I do this too! I haven't even thought much about it because I do it so often without thinking. I do it when I'm focused, and I do it more violently when I'm feeling insecure or afraid, especially in social settings. I also bite my lip, and clench my jaw. I've always thought that I must have an oral fixation or something, because I always bite on things lol. 

Dolphin

I clicked on this post because I was doing it as browsing through the forum :P I do it a lot when I'm at home but try not to do it in pubic as it looks so weird

Poppet

4139381_f260.jpg

when I just can't get to it properly by contorting my face, or my muscles get sore after trying to hold the  -_- expression for too long, i give up and just push my cheek into a better position :rolleyes:

Lol same!

I clicked on this post because I was doing it as browsing through the forum :P I do it a lot when I'm at home but try not to do it in pubic as it looks so weird

Same! :/ I'm trying to stop doing it so much, especially since I'm getting married next week and will be around a LOT of people taking photos and such... It's so hard! :( Especially when it's already been bitten and is healing... That's when I like to bite the most. :P Blah

Dolphin

Especially when it's already been bitten and is healing... That's when I like to bite the most.

Exactly! For me it's like it's even softer when it's healing and even more tempting to bite off. Sounds a bit gross now saying that..

I have always been conscious of doing it in public since I saw a girl with autism (Aspergers or another form, I don't know) doing it on the school bus and got bullied for it instantly by some of the older boys.

collectingrocks

I would have thought that any personal activity to overcome bordom or anxiety can be classed as stimming? NT's do it too (e.g. twirling hair, bobbing one's knee, biting nails etc)

Monoamine

Yes, I do this all the time! And I also bite or pick at my lips and make them bleed all the time. I don't know whether NTs do it or not, if it's a stim then it's very much a hidden one.

I too bite both my cheeks and lips.

I would have thought that any personal activity to overcome bordom or anxiety can be classed as stimming? NT's do it too (e.g. twirling hair, bobbing one's knee, biting nails etc)

A personal activity to overcome boredom isn't the same as stimming. However, NTs do stim sometimes, though less often and much less noticeably. Also, every time I've seen an NT stim it's in a socially acceptable way.