smartpanda12

Favorite texture?

smartpanda12

Okay, so I know with me, one of my stims is I love certain textures. me those are usually soft or woven things. My main things in particular are my stuffed dragon (to hug and for rubbing the "fur") and my other is my ski mask, its really soft and when I get panicky, putting in on for a few minutes helps to calm me because its a soft feeling over my entire face. 

Does anyone else have certain textures like this?

(deleted)

I tend to like buttons which press in a satisfying manner. In particular I like pressing two buttons at the same time, one on each side of my finger. That is why I often stim on a computer keyboard, but I also like pressing the volume buttons on the side of my phone at the same time (because there are two separate switches underneath the single visible part of the button so pressing it in the middle between the two swtiches feels nice to me) and also the "equals" button on my calculator which has actually got two seperate switches underneath (although in that case they both do the same thing - I think it's meant for if you press it skew or something but pressing it skew is really irritating to me actually so I have to make sure that I press it straight becuase then it actually feels really nice... the last thing that you want in the middle of a Maths exam though is to sit stimming with the "equals" button on your calculator though LOL!!!).

EDIT: Sorry I seem to think that that is not strictly "texture". Basically I don't stim with different textures so I can't say anything about that...

Edited by invisible

Sofi

My favourite teddys ears
my hair
my dad's hands 

(deleted)

My favourite teddys ears

Yes I used to like soft toy animal ears as well. I still do LOL!!!

(I used to like sticking my fingers inside them LOL!!!)

PandaPrincess

I really like things that are squishy, such as those squishy toys you can find at any store.

L Lawliet

Concave glassy objects - like my teddy bears eyes

Seeds - I used to shove my hands in the seed buckets in animal shops. You know the bird seeds? :P

Brown parcel paper

Book pages - Mainly the really thin ones you get (like in bibles)

Cool water

Acrylic paint

Clean, cotton bedding! (There's something really nice about having a bath/shower then getting into a bed with clean bed covers isn't there? :)

Echo

Concave glassy objects

Clean, cotton bedding! (There's something really nice about having a bath/shower then getting into a bed with clean bed covers isn't there? :)

I love these textures as well as; smooth pebbles, hot bath water...

dandelion

Concave glassy objects - like my teddy bears eyes

Seeds - I used to shove my hands in the seed buckets in animal shops. You know the bird seeds? :P

Brown parcel paper

Book pages - Mainly the really thin ones you get (like in bibles)

Cool water

Acrylic paint

... I still do it with seeds. And small balls too.

My special one is the silk, so even if the tag annoys me to death I try keep it, because I can use it... and in fact I already had to do it a couple of times.

But I try to buy clothes with  some silk in it... that helps.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Scott

furry animals, especially small dogs with a thick and/or glossy coat - ages ago I saw a lovely little pug puppy with glossy black fur and she was the best ever! I also like the softer, plushier stuffed animals, like my teddy of Eeyore that I got at Disney World about 3 years ago. :) (not my picture, but I have the same teddy :))

76ae774fce0ee099623f97751e4680d3.jpg

I also love the feel of my skin after a shower, so silky. :D

Edited by Scott

Nesf

I like the feel of my hair and soft animal fur, some kinds of soft plastic and the pearly inside of shells.