TheWizardofCalculus

Have you guys seen Amythest Schaber's videos?

Kuribo [old account]

Willow's videos are mostly about personal experience and practical advice, whereas Amythest's have more to do with Autism poltics and explaining how symptoms can manifest. I don't think it's fair to compare the two, as their videos are aimed at people with different needs and interests.

RiRi

Yes, I've seen Amythest's videos. I just noticed that Amythest is her name, for some reason, I thought it wasn't.  I think she makes good videos, they provide a lot of information and are helpful.

aspiesw

I watch her videos, I find them quite informative, they are a bit too informative, there's not really a lot of personality in her videos

RiRi

I saw a little bit of one of her vlogs (where she seems less rehearsed) and she seemed a little less into the informational part as she usually is in her videos. I liked that more since I think I find those videos less boring and more my preference, but nevertheless her videos are helpful.

amythests
On 11/23/2015 at 2:26 AM, aspiesw said:

I watch her videos, I find them quite informative, they are a bit too informative, there's not really a lot of personality in her videos

I'm loathe to admit it and ruin the illusion, but I don't actually have a personality to speak of. I think I must have sacrificed that brainspace for extra reading comprehension and retention a long time ago ; )

amythests
On 9/20/2014 at 7:23 PM, TheWizardofCalculus said:

So I've been watching a lot of an autistic woman's channel lately, because I find them interesting.  You may find her videos and her Youtube account here and her blog, Neurowonderful, here.

Her name is Amythest Schaber, and she's an autism self-advocate who recently became associated with ASAN.  She seems to explain ASD issues really clearly, and she seems like she's a good person to have being "out" and open about ASD in the public.  And it's nice to see someone with autism being very open about their problems with Autism Speaks and advocating autism by an autistic.  Her explanation of how autism is a disability and why is probably the best that I've seen:

Anyways, she seems to have a really good channel, so I thought that I'd recommend it to fellow Asperclick'ers.

Thank you very much for the kind words, and for the promotion. I'm happy I found this cool forum (by Googling myself, haha). 

RiRi

:o Sorry to intrude, but has @amythests just joined the forum? :o If so, that is so cool!! :lol: Welcome to the forum Amythest. :) 

RiRi

It looks like @amythests posted before me which leads me to assume her posts were not approved until now? It's really cool to have her on the forum though. :)  Another autistic celebrity. :P I think @Myrtonos said it would be cool if Maja also joined the forum. :) 

aspiesw
On 13 March 2016 at 7:21 AM, amythests said:

I'm loathe to admit it and ruin the illusion, but I don't actually have a personality to speak of. I think I must have sacrificed that brainspace for extra reading comprehension and retention a long time ago ; )

No offence intended of course, I did enjoy your videos. How come you stopped making them @amythests