ponz

Achievement Thread!

ponz

Life is hard, whether you're an aspie or not, so I'm starting this thread for everyone to post their achievements and be proud of what they've done! You can post anything, big or small, that you've done and feel good about doing. (Examples: survived a family gathering, got your license, tried a new food, didn't have a meltdown, sent an email, did your homework, etc) Don't be shy! There's nothing wrong with acknowledging your own accomplishments. ^__^

I'll start by mentioning that I spent 5.5-6 hours last night sewing batting to foam cushions and replaced my old flat couch cushions with the new ones! The old cushions had been causing distress and pain, and since I have to sit and sleep on the couch, it was a big problem.

So yay, my derrière feels great now!!! *\(^o^)/*

Go ahead and post your own achievements!!!!! =D

King_oni

I managed to get out of bed and didn't injure myself in the process

Time for a celebration I'd say :D (and perhaps a few drinks along the way)

Nesf

I managed a meeting with a new student :D

No Longer Here

I used a graphics program along with one of my own photos to plot the design for my new bass guitar. :)

Kuribo [old account]

I survived four years of misery.

Whoknows

I've made new friends and discovered people who were in the same situation as me.

Edited by Whoknows

Dingo

It was a long time ago, but I was thinking about this today.  I survived high school.  And every year since then.

vcq14

Graduated top of my class and Magna Cum Laude (3.89 for my BA and 3.94 for my master's), instructor of the month/quarter several times, have placed in recent photography contests, and have had several of my articles published in the last year.

Echo

The past few days have been a bit daunting and energy depleting. Thus my badly used grammar at the moment :) Thursday night I was at a family dinner party in an Indian curry house. Friday, in the morning (from 9:00-12:00) I was at hospital having pre-operation tests (blood letting, blood pressure etc...); whilst in the afternoon I was meeting a new group of Aspies (alone and quite far away from home). Later that night, two friends came over and were quite loud and chatty; music was playing, they were drinking etc...for hours. Today, I went to the woodland festival with my family after talking to the other girls and guys on AsperTalk/Skype.

I SURVIVED; MELTDOWN-FREE!!!

vcq14

Congrats Echo! And good luck with your upcoming operation (hope it's not too major).

One question: as I have never been around other Aspies, do you find it more or less draining than dealing with NTs, or about the same?