ponz

Achievement Thread!

Echo

Congrats Echo! And good luck with your upcoming operation (hope it's not too major).

One question: as I have never been around other Aspies, do you find it more or less draining than dealing with NTs, or about the same?

This is not the concrete answer you are looking for; it depends on the people/individuals and situations.

I find it harder to deal with NT's than Aspies, however, some Aspies can drain my energy with their intense need to info dump (on subjects that I have no interest in whatsoever). However, due to my understanding of social rules and courtesy; I will try my best to stay focused and ask questions etc...until they have finished many hours later; as I believe that Aspies need to do this from time to time for holistic reasons and to connect with other people.

I have less trouble understanding the average Aspie; than I do with NT's. I also learn a lot more in general from Aspies than I do from Nt's. I gain a greater understanding of: obscure subjects, Aspie social skills and why I fit into this particular group of people (when I don't really fit into any other group for an extended period of time).    

L Lawliet

I turned 24 today. Hard work getting to this point but I made it :)

vcq14

I feel like all my "big" accomplishments are in the past and am trying to motivate myself going forward; I've been stuck in a slump at my job for the last several years due to a combination of factors. The very good: I have made my first real friend since my only childhood friend, so I suppose that IS a major accomplishment!

We have a local meetup group for adults with Asperger's, although I haven't quite worked out if I actually intend to show up or not...

Dingo

Happy Birthday!

HollowClown

I recently remembered to put the dishes into the dishwasher. My parents have been telling me to put them there for almost 20 years and this was the first time I actually did it without thinking too much about the matter.

Bruce

Hardly earth-moving but got LM KDE Qiana set up on here... :rolleyes:

Echo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

ponz

I activated my new debit card!!!

I even called the number to activate it, and when the number was messed up, sent a brief message to my bank via their website and communicated with my mom to make sure I could activate it last night. It was a very stressful, new experience, BUT I DID!!!!!

I also didn't have a panic attack about the phone, even though I felt like having one and it was my first time using my new cell phone.

Also, HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!! Being 24 is nice! ^__^

Nesf

I updated my CV and sent it to a translation agency who are looking for translators.

Bruce

Given I now have the 'root cause' of most of my problems, it's like: