the-commander

does anyone else have really really unusual things there into?

the-commander

i feel like a lot of times people either think im cool or are freaked out by my based on what im into. a lot of my favorite films are cult films a lot of which are not exactly things most people know about, im into Mexican wrestling (Lucha Libre), and when i get into something even if its something normal i get unusually deeply into it. does anyone else have a similar experiance?

• Helpful 1

blacktiger911

yea I get the same thing. :D:lol:

King_oni

Oh, plenty of times where people thought my interests in things were a bit beyond the norm.

Even within more specific "subcultures" it's hard to connect to people with that I suppose. Often I think I just look for a different aspect and therefore a different experience. 

(deleted)

My latest one is the children's TV show "Arthur" LOL!!! I seem to think that it started when I saw that episode with the boy with Asperger's Syndrome...

• Helpful 2

the-commander

My latest one is the children's TV show "Arthur" LOL!!! I seem to think that it started when I saw that episode with the boy with Asperger's Syndrome...

my favorite movies are gozu, beggoten and wax or the discovery of television amoung the bees, mostly stuff that isnt for little kids (although i certianly saw some kids when i went to see lucha libre in mexico).honestly, im a little amazed they actually had a cherecter with aspergers in that though, especially since its not exactly something with a lot of social exceptence or understanding and the us dosent even use it as a catogory anymore (its been grouped in with all other fourms of autism). 

Edited by the-commander

Spike Cooksley

Lol, hell yeah! I'm currently very focused on Airsoft (search YouTube for "House of Wolves Airsoft ")

On the plus side, it's so much better than spending money on drinking! :-D

King_oni

what are you all into?

There are minors on this forum... I'll leave it at that.

Well, aside from that; it would seem that tabletop wargaming isn't that popular, and the brand/game that is popular is not the one I'm playing. In fact; a few of the games I'm playing are not among the more popular one (which makes it harder to connect to people since there's only a handful of active players in the area... heck, even in the country I suppose).

So, that's at least one of these things that, while it's not extremely odd, makes it at least somewhat of an issue to connect with people.

I might eventually elaborate on some others if I find the urge to. It's 5:10 am and I just got home from clubbing, lol.

• Helpful 2

vcq14

I tend to research a lot of obscure things as background for my (creative) writing because I love researching in general. Not as much into gaming as I used to be; I was never into MMORPG, but I do enjoy well-crafted adventure games from the likes of now-defunct LucasArts (Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island series...) and Private Moon Studios from Hungary (the AGON games)

Edited by vcq14

(deleted)

im a little amazed they actually had a cherecter with aspergers in that though, especially since its not exactly something with a lot of social exceptence or understanding and the us dosent even use it as a catogory anymore (its been grouped in with all other fourms of autism). 

Your spelling is atrocious but apart from that I seem to think that that episode was made before they dropped Asperger's as an official diagnoses. Also the TV series does deal with quite a lot of different social and family issues so it makes sense that they have included someone who has various social difficulties (along with the one character who has Asthma and the other one who has Dyslexia - and someone who was in a wheelchair appeared once as well - so I seem to think that they are trying to show children that just because someone has a medical condition of some sort or other doesn't mean that they're inferior in any way and also that sometimes they need special allowances made for them as well).

Lol, hell yeah! I'm currently very focused on Airsoft (search YouTube for "House of Wolves Airsoft ")

On the plus side, it's so much better than spending money on drinking! :-D

For you being into another interest might be better than spending money on drinking but we're on limited download so I can't use it all up downloading Arthur episodes from YouTube so I've had to just download season 1 this month and I'm hoping that they're still going to be available when I come back for the rest...

Nesf

Prog rock, and foreign languages,  but I don't think they're particularly unusual.

DominikaCupcake

Yes, i'm into things that most people aren't that much interested in or obsessed with. Like apes, OBE, lucid dreaming, philosophy, astronomy and serial killers. I also like to watch movies that most consider weird like Braindead. I play games that almost no one play these days like the first Black & White and Clocktower for SNES.

(deleted)

I play games that almost no one play these days like the first Black & White and Clocktower for SNES.

Oh vintage games!!! Actually I'm more into programming but I'll play Pacman any day! And Chuckie Egg on the BBC Micro!

Emcee

Correcting peoples bad spelling & grammar.  :rolleyes:

Oh and engines, one in particular and making it more powerful, Give me the finance and time and I'll double or triple its power output quite easily.

• Helpful 1

HollowClown

This one. I also had a phase during which I was obsessed with pencils. Somehow people found that very odd.

• Helpful 1

King_oni

Oh don't get me started on that one... 

Though I suppose for me that borders on obsession. When I filed for disability income and got my report back, I marked all grammar and spelling mistakes with a red pencil, sent it back and asked for a correct version with immaculate grammar and spelling.

They were clearly not amused. I wasn't amused either; the fact that their grasp of the dutch language was so horrible made me cringe.

Grammar and spelling for me is something that I apply intuitively and somehow get correct most of the time. I couldn't tell someone why something is wrong and why one couldn't write something like that in those words. Yet still I get bothered if people can't have a certain standard I guess....

• Helpful 1

the-commander

There are minors on this forum... I'll leave it at that.

Well, aside from that; it would seem that tabletop wargaming isn't that popular, and the brand/game that is popular is not the one I'm playing. In fact; a few of the games I'm playing are not among the more popular one (which makes it harder to connect to people since there's only a handful of active players in the area... heck, even in the country I suppose).

So, that's at least one of these things that, while it's not extremely odd, makes it at least somewhat of an issue to connect with people.

I might eventually elaborate on some others if I find the urge to. It's 5:10 am and I just got home from clubbing, lol.

LOL

Edited by the-commander
  • Helpful 1

King_oni

LOL

Despite that it might've been funny...

I was not drunk, hah... I fully remember posting it and therefore take full responsibility.

• Helpful 1

the-commander

This one. I also had a phase during which I was obsessed with pencils. Somehow people found that very odd.

.........okay then.