thisguy73

A little about me

thisguy73

Hi. My name is Clinton. I'm 16 years old. I was diagnosed with Aspergers... I would like to say 6 years ago but I'm not quite sure. I find that it doesn't affect me as much in some ways but has a tremendous affect in others. For instance I can start a conversation very easily if I know the person. But when it comes to actually keeping the conversation going, I would say I do worse than some of my aspie friends. I'm just sitting there just nodding trying to add on to the topic at hand only to end up changing the topic. I sure can talk about myself, though. :)

I'm part of cadets. In fact, I recently got appointed to Assistant Drill Instructor as well as Operations Staff. I spend three nights a week with the cadets on average doing drill, practicing the trumpet and just doing regular training.

In all honesty, I joined this website because I was looking for a social network that I could join. I stumbled on to this and figured I'd probably be able to relate better to aspies. Maybe even get some advice from their experiences.

Anyways, if you're still reading thank you. It's nice to know that people wanna know about me.

Nesf

Hi Clinton, welcome to the forum! I find it difficult to keep conversations going, too, and I get overloaded when people keep talking to me a lot giving me a lot of information. I like long breaks in the conversation :)

Tylermc

Hi and wellcome too the forum you will really enjoy it here it's a really great forum willow and Chris did a awesome job makeing this forum have a great weekend

spiderwoman0_2

Hi Clinton, welcome to the forum :)

thegingerone

Welcome to Asperclick :)  Hope you like it here.

RiRi

Hi Clinton, welcome to the forum. :)

Eustace

Hey there, a pleasure to meet you.

I simply cannot initiate a conversation with somebody. Whenever I try to break that boundary of mine, I walk over to somebody, open my mouth, emit an odd noise, pause, turn, and walk away again.

Unless there is purpose or a conversation ongoing, it's tremendously difficult to talk.

Great to have you here,

Eustace.