L Lawliet

Motivation Tips

L Lawliet

This time of year I find it so hard to motivate myself to do anything.

This morning I nearly skived off work because I just couldn't move from my bed. It's not that I wanted more sleep, I was wide awake, I just wanted to stay home. I'm sat at my desk now and I just can't motivate myself to do my jobs at work and they are only small jobs today. Everyone has days like this but I've been feeling like this for over a month now.

I'm relatively ok up until christmas, but I am dreading January. It's the worst month for me, I get so down in myself and I just really struggle.

Anyone have some tips to stay motivated so i don't lose my job? :P

King_oni

Look for another job?

Yeah, I know it sounds a bit simple like that, but I've always figured, that if I couldn't motivate myself to get out of bed for university or for my job, I'm probably dreading the feeling and association with said institution anyway and I'm already on a downward spiral and it's better to intervene early on.

L Lawliet

Look for another job?

Yeah, I know it sounds a bit simple like that, but I've always figured, that if I couldn't motivate myself to get out of bed for university or for my job, I'm probably dreading the feeling and association with said institution anyway and I'm already on a downward spiral and it's better to intervene early on.

I've been looking for another job for a while but nothings come up. I do struggle in my current job which definitely doesn't help but money wise I'm not going to be able to change jobs until the new year anyway. Not to mention the fact I need to save for a house! lol

It's really just a case of that I need to put up with it for as long as I can but I need to keep motivated until then ^_^

Auletes

find some things you can really look forward to? Small things and bigger ones and mark them in your diary, maybe even add count downs to the bigger ones

- holiday

- a tv show you will watch after you come home from work

- a book you are going to read in the evening

- weekend trips

- buy something you have been wanting for a long time

- meeting with a friend

- cook a special dinner in the evening after work, bake something

This may help to keep your life working in a job you don't like, but I doubt it will help in a long term.

Edited by Auletes

L Lawliet

find some things you can really look forward to? Small things and bigger ones and mark them in your diary, maybe even add count downs to the bigger ones

- holiday

- weekend trips

- meeting with a friend

This may help to keep you live working in a job you don't like, but I doubt it will help in a long term.

Good suggestions! I'm looking forward to Christmas and Walking Dead is on TV tonight.

I just feel really spaced out today. I think my colleagues are noticing, hopefully my boss won't. I have no logical reason for being this spaced other than I don't want to be here. Won't be able to explain that well :P

Edited by StarGazingWithU

Nesf

- holiday

- weekend trips

- meeting with a friend

This may help to keep your life working in a job you don't like, but I doubt it will help in a long term.

This is exactly what I was going to say too. I often struggle to get through the day when I have a lot of work so I promise myself a treat for the evening when I finish it all. I think that setting aside one day at the end of the week where you do something special that you can look forward to is very important and helpful.

L Lawliet

This is exactly what I was going to say too. I often struggle to get through the day when I have a lot of work so I promise myself a treat for the evening when I finish it all. I think that setting aside one day at the end of the week where you do something special that you can look forward to is very important and helpful.

Sometimes waiting for something can make the day drag though, do you find that too?

Nesf

Sometimes waiting for something can make the day drag though, do you find that too?

The day is going to drag anyway, and if I'm not waiting for anything specific then I'm waiting to finish. Having something to look forward to makes it a bit easier.

staystrong07

If im in a depressed type of mood I will always sing a song in my head that help me and actually listen to it when I can. lately Taylor Swifts new album 1989 has helped me. I love it

good advice you have been getting

L Lawliet

The day is going to drag anyway, and if I'm not waiting for anything specific then I'm waiting to finish. Having something to look forward to makes it a bit easier.

That's true :P

If im in a depressed type of mood I will always sing a song in my head that help me and actually listen to it when I can. lately Taylor Swifts new album 1989 has helped me. I love it

good advice you have been getting

Yeah I usually hum Hans Zimmer's music to get me through. Music does help even if it is just in your head :)