Willow

Chit Chat

mary
Hi. I also hope you are feeling better soon, with your days off work you might feel a little bit more relaxed. 

Your new hobby can be Asperclick  :P It is mine. At least it kind of takes your mind off some things for a while and you will always get support on here. 

Aww thanks Sofi!!  I hope so.  I had some days off the other week but it was just as bad when I got back to work so it didn't really help.  I think I just need stuff to stop for a while you know?  Maybe when this assessment at work is out of the way I'll relax a little.

Haha, I seem to spend a lot of time here!  I've supposed to be looking at some questions for tomorrow but I'm putting it off and being on here! oops!  That's true, I feel like there is a lot of support for all of us here, so that's always nice to know :)

What kind of dog have you got?

I'm glad you're getting a short break, give you time to relax and chill out a bit. Bad news about the surgery, hope you recover quickly :)

I've got a Patterdale... she's really sweet.  She is upset because I'm on the laptop, but she likes listening to the tv so she's in the lounge with me.  Just now she was resting her head on the crook of my arm so my right arm actually feels numb.  Thankfully she's now moved so she's lying up against the length of my arm but that's easier to deal with!

It is a lovely place. I will be staying in our lovely little cabin in the woods :)

Ah that sounds ace!!  Where in Norway do you stay?

iggy
I understand what it is like in school holidays, coming out of your routine :( What are you going to do for 3 weeks? Will it be homework and studying? Although, more time with your dogs. 

I will have quite a lot of work for my exams to do, although I think the plan is to try to get some time with my dogs and play some games which I haven't done much of lately. I'll probably over plan everything so that I know what I'm doing, haha.

spiderwoman0_2
Aww. I've got Mon / Tues off next week as I have holidays from work to use up, and then Good Friday.  I'll be back in work on Monday.  I wouldn't mind a break from everything that's going on though to be honest, would be nice :)

No, I guess it doesn't :(  I haven't really picked up another hobby since I stopped the music photography, unless you count baking haha.  I love spending time with my dog so I can't really complain too much and can do that with her an extra 3 days next week, as not in work.

You do more than me, my hobby seems to be cleaning, washing, cooking and watching the telly..........what a sad life lol :P

Maybe you could take your dog for a walk and take your camera with you to rekindle that hobby :D

mary
You do more than me, my hobby seems to be cleaning, washing, cooking and watching the telly..........what a sad life lol :P

Maybe you could take your dog for a walk and take your camera with you to rekindle that hobby :D

Awww... I do some cooking and a bit less cleaning! 

Yeah... that'd be interesting with her as she's always on the go and if she gets anywhere near people she wants to play with them or them and their dogs.  I don't actually have a camera anymore either as my brother and I both sold all our equipment when we decided we'd no longer do it.  With mine it used to be gig photography, and I had no real interest in anything else, although sometimes I annoy Lottie (the dog) and Jack (my nephew) and try to get nice photos of them together :)

Alex
Ah that sounds ace!!  Where in Norway do you stay?

It's near a small town called Bø, about 3 hours with car from Oslo, but it's also pretty close to a town called Notodden. The cabin is in a small foresty area with other cabin's that other people own. There's also a lake very near the cabin :D

mary
It's near a small town called Bø, about 3 hours with car from Oslo, but it's also pretty close to a town called Notodden. The cabin is in a small foresty area with other cabin's that other people own. There's also a lake very near the cabin :D

Ahh, ok, I've never been but have heard of these places, it sounds lovely where you'll be though.  One of the most lovely places I've been is actually the route to Kvinesdal... one time we did it by car from Oslo, then the time before we went from plane to Stavanger and then by car.  All very beautiful though and scenery like I've never seen before.

Alex
Congratulations, Alex! (I don't know if it's a congratulations type of event!) It is easier online for a start, and also among those with similar interests or more understanding people. I suck at small talk in person, that's for sure. It is easier to have time to think of something appropriate to say online. I struggle so much with talk out loud. 

Thanks! I agree. It is much easier online than in person. It is hard to think of what to say in person. For me the hardest question that people ask me in real life is simply "What's up?". I never know what to say, so I usually just say "Not much." :P

Alex
Ahh, ok, I've never been but have heard of these places, it sounds lovely where you'll be though.  One of the most lovely places I've been is actually the route to Kvinesdal... one time we did it by car from Oslo, then the time before we went from plane to Stavanger and then by car.  All very beautiful though and scenery like I've never seen before.

I've never actually been to Kvinesdal or Stavanger. Sounds nice though. We've mostly stayed around the Telemark area.

Yes - It is beautiful. It's a shame that we don't have such lovely scenery here in Denmark. Fortunately, I go on holiday to Norway every year :)

Sofi
Thanks! I agree. It is much easier online than in person. It is hard to think of what to say in person. For me the hardest question that people ask me in real life is simply "What's up?". I never know what to say, so I usually just say "Not much." :P

Hmm, yeah. I would struggle a lot with that question. I guess my first instinct is to say "the sky". But, I've learnt what that phrase really means in society. I'm never really in situations nowadays where small talk is required, so I don't worry. However, I know it would be good to practice that sort of thing. 

Alex
Hmm, yeah. I would struggle a lot with that question. I guess my first instinct is to say "the sky". But, I've learnt what that phrase really means in society. I'm never really in situations nowadays where small talk is required, so I don't worry. However, I know it would be good to practice that sort of thing. 

Yes. I think NT's would find that answer rude or cheeky. I am not sure.

Well, I suppose we are practicing our social skills and small talk on this forum, so you are getting some kind of practice. But of course it's not the same as in real life situations.