Willow

Chit Chat

Sofi
Yes. I think NT's would find that answer rude or cheeky. I am not sure.

Well, I suppose we are practicing our social skills and small talk on this forum, so you are getting some kind of practice. But of course it's not the same as in real life situations.

Yes. I've learnt that too! I don't know if I would say "the sky" out loud. I probably wouldn't say anything, or say "Nothing" or "Not much". I feel like I put so much effort into getting each word out of my mouth. I stutter and get stuck on words and it's usually a mess! 

Yeah, in a way, we are practicing some social skills. I have learnt a lot of appropriate phrases in response to things, which I use on here and I would know to say them in real life, but I'd struggle with the talking part and the anxiety of the social situation, would put me off too much. My brain, unfortunately  doesn't comprehend social situations very well, as most on the spectrum....

Alex
Yes. I've learnt that too! I don't know if I would say "the sky" out loud. I probably wouldn't say anything, or say "Nothing" or "Not much". I feel like I put so much effort into getting each word out of my mouth. I stutter and get stuck on words and it's usually a mess! 

Yeah, in a way, we are practicing some social skills. I have learnt a lot of appropriate phrases in response to things, which I use on here and I would know to say them in real life, but I'd struggle with the talking part and the anxiety of the social situation, would put me off too much. My brain, unfortunately  doesn't comprehend social situations very well, as most on the spectrum....

I know what you mean. When I am feeling anxious it is hard for me to talk aswell, and all words take increased effort to say. It can even hurt my stomach to talk if I'm very anxious.

I feel the same. My brain gets all confused in social situations too..It's rather annoying!

Sofi
I know what you mean. When I am feeling anxious it is hard for me to talk aswell, and all words take increased effort to say. It can even hurt my stomach to talk if I'm very anxious.

I feel the same. My brain gets all confused in social situations too..It's rather annoying!

Yes - talking is a huge effort. I kind of wish I had more practice of it as I do want to improve. Sometimes, though, once I start talking, I can't stop. I know that's not how a conversation should go but I don't seem to realise that at the time. Also, if I just keep on talking, there will be no space for anything awkward to happen. I'll just talk and talk... 

Well, I really hope you enjoy your trip to the cabin. You will have to tell me/us on Asperclick how it was, when you come back  :)

Alex
Yes - talking is a huge effort. I kind of wish I had more practice of it as I do want to improve. Sometimes, though, once I start talking, I can't stop. I know that's not how a conversation should go but I don't seem to realise that at the time. Also, if I just keep on talking, there will be no space for anything awkward to happen. I'll just talk and talk... 

Well, I really hope you enjoy your trip to the cabin. You will have to tell me/us on Asperclick how it was, when you come back  :)

I do the same. Sometimes I can't stop talking about something that really interests me, and sometimes people get really annoyed about it.

Thank you - I will gladly tell you/everyone how the trip was when I come back! Heck, I might even take some photos!  :P

Toran

Im quite similar ive been called boring because I talk about the same subjects a lot but its easier than trying to fit into conversations that I have difficulty in following and understanding it would be nice if people could understand why we are like this sometimes wouldn't it.

thelastrequiem
Yes - writing seems like a good hobby. I have often wanted to write stories. Did you? I was once on an ORC forum, briefly. 

Interesting. I've been trying to remember my deviantart login info recently but I just can't remember it! I read a lot of FanFiction of fanfiction.net. I follow a lot of writers on there and have often thought about trying to write a fanfic, but I think I'd suck at it. Maybe one day. 

I've only ever read one fanfic; it was about two characters in Fallout: New Vegas.

Someone decided to make a love story about them and it didn't turn out to be that bad.

spiderwoman0_2
Im quite similar ive been called boring because I talk about the same subjects a lot but its easier than trying to fit into conversations that I have difficulty in following and understanding it would be nice if people could understand why we are like this sometimes wouldn't it.

I know what you mean, my son's whole life revolves around a game called Minecraft he talks about nothing else lol

spiderwoman0_2
I do the same. Sometimes I can't stop talking about something that really interests me, and sometimes people get really annoyed about it.

Thank you - I will gladly tell you/everyone how the trip was when I come back! Heck, I might even take some photos!  :P

That would be great if you could take some photos, I bet the cabin in the woods looks lovely in snow :D I love snow on trees :D

thelastrequiem
I know what you mean, my son's whole life revolves around a game called Minecraft he talks about nothing else lol

Sounds a bit like me, I talk about games in general and I think my mum is sick of hearing about it!

Toran

I always used to think it was my interests snd I never even thought I could be being boring its since ive realised what I am ive come to know how I appear to others. Its s but unnerving to see there is something wrong with me and that the people I thought were always wrong were most likely right.