Willow

Chit Chat

spiderwoman0_2
My family gets sick of me talking about video games, so instead of trying to change the subject, they just ignore me completely. I always end up talking to myself, since no one will listen to me.

That's a real shame, I do my best to listen to my son because I know it means a lot to him, but I do change the subject to get him onto something else.

spiderwoman0_2
I do wonder if my dad had aspergers as well maybe it's where I got it from he didn't like social situations because of his stutter and knowing what I do now I can see he had a lot of the traits too.

You never know, I know a few members of my family have a lot of traits.

spiderwoman0_2
That's so lovely to hear if only there were more like you with that perspective then life wouldn't hold so many fears and concerns as they do now people who understand make the world a more attractive place to be.

Thank you :D it is shame more people don't understand, I know a few professional people have said they like the way I am with my son, I think it's because I'm laid back and don't freak out or stress out over how he is, I know some parents go to extremes thinking of ways to deal with things but in my experience I find the best way is to be calm and listen and try to figure it out, what they don't want is someone who is angry or no patience.  I know it can get a bit frustrating on both sides, so I always try and see it from their point of view.

Sofi

I haven't been able to fall asleep nearly all night so I've given up now :( 

spiderwoman0_2
I haven't been able to fall asleep nearly all night so I've given up now :(

:( that's not good, maybe you need some kind of excercise to wear you out a bit, pity you couldn't get some kind of dance game or something, doesn't matter if you can't dance :P

Sofi
:( that's not good, maybe you need some kind of excercise to wear you out a bit, pity you couldn't get some kind of dance game or something, doesn't matter if you can't dance :P

Maybe I will get a dance game for the Wii, I know my brother was wanting one, he likes dancing surprisingly. I would look like a right idiot, I have no coordination! I feel exhausted though, I don't know why I couldn't sleep. I think it was because I was worrying about something on Minecraft and I just had to get up to do it, I couldn't get it out of my mind as I was trying to sleep! 

Toran

Have you thought of getting a exercise bike or treadmill they are brilliant keep you fit and will tire you out as well. Don't need to go to the gym or anything I used to go but found this a better way of exercise and may help with you getting to sleep.

spiderwoman0_2
Maybe I will get a dance game for the Wii, I know my brother was wanting one, he likes dancing surprisingly. I would look like a right idiot, I have no coordination! I feel exhausted though, I don't know why I couldn't sleep. I think it was because I was worrying about something on Minecraft and I just had to get up to do it, I couldn't get it out of my mind as I was trying to sleep! 

It wouldn't matter if you look a right idiot, no one will see and it'll be fun, plus it would be good to interact with your brother.

Maybe before you go to bed in the future you should make sure that you finish everything off or at least leave it at a point where you can go back to it without worrying about it, you might want to try and get into some kind of routine of getting up and going to bed at reasonable times. :D

Toran
You never know, I know a few members of my family have a lot of traits.

It is genetic or so my research has discovered so far and I think my mum could have some form of learning problem I just didnt see the connections I dont think it's me reading stuff in that isn't there.

Willow

I have to get up at 8am on a weekday so I have to try and get to bed at a sensible time. Even when I end up not sleeping I still have to get up. And I have to try not to nap. I need to be awake do cook and do housework etc :( Plus if I don't get up at 8am I don't see Chris until lunch time and I hate doing that.