(deleted)

Can an aspie be a good web designer?

(deleted)

I'm just asking this because I'm working on this website and I've used a mostly brown and blue theme because to me the brown colour is calming however I'm not sure if what I associate with a certain colour scheme is the same as what an NT would associate with it. I was thinking of asking some NTs but the problem is that I can't properly show it to my mother until it's finished because I need her to tell me if she can find information on it which obviously wouldn't be a good test if she's already seen it in any detail and also my only friends are either very likely aspies themselves or they are too busy to spend time looking at my website.

Edited by invisible

No Longer Here

I would say that being a web designer could be the perfect job for some Aspies. Our artistic nature coupled with computer logic and our infinite patience must all be great assets in this field

The Id

Willow does a pretty good job of it and I think she's an aspie

Xenolith

I'm just asking this because I'm working on this website and I've used a mostly brown and blue theme because to me the brown colour is calming however I'm not sure if what I associate with a certain colour scheme is the same as what an NT would associate with it. I was thinking of asking some NTs but the problem is that I can't properly show it to my mother until it's finished because I need her to tell me if she can find information on it which obviously wouldn't be a good test if she's already seen it in any detail and also my only friends are either very likely aspies themselves or they are too busy to spend time looking at my website.

Good web design is good web design - it doesn't matter if you're NT. 

(deleted)

I would say that being a web designer could be the perfect job for some Aspies. Our artistic nature coupled with computer logic and our infinite patience must all be great assets in this field

Good web design is good web design - it doesn't matter if you're NT. 

I agree with all of those and that's why I'm considering it as a career path (I've got to start with my own website though :) ) but the problem that I'm having is that it is important to understand the messages put across by different colour schemes and for me what I feel when I see a certain combination of colours doesn't match what everybody else says that the majority of users feel. I have designed a website which conveys to me the feelings that I want to convey to my users but when I read descriptions of the feelings conveyed by my choice of colours it's all wrong and doesn't at all match how I feel when I see my website or another website with a similar colour scheme.

Xenolith

I agree with all of those and that's why I'm considering it as a career path (I've got to start with my own website though :) ) but the problem that I'm having is that it is important to understand the messages put across by different colour schemes and for me what I feel when I see a certain combination of colours doesn't match what everybody else says that the majority of users feel. I have designed a website which conveys to me the feelings that I want to convey to my users but when I read descriptions of the feelings conveyed by my choice of colours it's all wrong and doesn't at all match how I feel when I see my website or another website with a similar colour scheme.

Do you know of any web design communities? Try to join one (I'm sure there are forums for things like that) and get their opinions. There are also some good resources for picking complementary colour schemes like Adobe Colour. Ultimately, you need to make websites that people like, not websites that you like. It's the client that's the priority.

Xenolith

You can be anything you want to be. Simples.

"I want to be a Bosch Series 6 Fridge-Freezer"

Edited by Xenolith