Andy

Brain sex Matters- what your fingers tell you ~ Quiz

Andy

As a Follow on from Nesf's post regarding the theory of what the digit ratio can tell us about ourselves in the thread on Homo-romanticism and aspies, I thought to dig out the following quiz, which is a research programme but informative to those that take the quiz and as quiz's are fun and  why not ;

Brainsex Matters, what your fingers tell you,

And so, do you have a male or female pattern brain ?

Brains sex Test in both pdf and MS Word

And as luck would have it I inhabit the white square between the coloured squares signified by scoring 10 points in the test, which puts me according to the test as neutral- neither male nor female dominant, but I guess both at the same time, and so  the usual confusion.

And the finger thing, I have female hands.

Nesf

I got 3/20 on that test - that means I'm very male brained (but biologically female)!! A lot of the male traits are also ASD traits - there must be a link there. Also, as I said on the other thread, my hands are slightly male so I must have got exposed to a lot of testosterone in the womb.

spiderwoman0_2

I got 11/20 on the test which means I'm just about in the middle lol :P

Andy
I got 3/20 on that test - that means I'm very male brained (but biologically female)!! A lot of the male traits are also ASD traits - there must be a link there. Also, as I said on the other thread, my hands are slightly male so I must have got exposed to a lot of testosterone in the womb.

I also think there is a link that is why I poke into this stuff, it's that X chromosome that is common to both male and female if females indeed have the same ASD as males, if not, they there is the Y to consider as females in general don't have that one.

But myself being XXY the theory is males that became that were exposed to too little testosterone in the womb, but the condition I have there is ongoing research on the digit ration where researchers acting for the condition are requesting we photocopy our hands and send them to the researchers. Where looking further into this stuff I also find I have a type 4 simian crease, which is indicative of chromosomal variations and everybody missed that as I was growing up and to think, such an easy marker as well that involves no testing, just observation.- grrrrrrr

But this theory of exposure to differing levels of testosterone in the womb, perhaps people might find it interesting that our hormone levels are fluctuating all the time and it may be our moods are indicative of our levels, where I know when I can go a few weeks without thinking about sex I know my testosterone levels are low and they can stay that way preferably, but medics have interpreted that as depression and sought to medicate where I just say it's low mood and I know my hormone levels are out of balance. My GP thought I was talking out of my backside before, he did not buy my theory as I am not a medical professional, what would I know, but he has different ideas now considering he has facts in front of him.

An observer might understand I don't have a lot of faith in the medical profession as they have demonstrated, they are more autistic than me.

Heather
I got 11/20 on the test which means I'm just about in the middle lol :P

I got 11/20 too so I'm in the middle as well. :P  But my hands seem to indicate more of a male brain because my index finger seems shorter than my ring finger but not by much.

iggy

I got 8/20, which I think is male but the formatting on the questionnaire got a bit messed up. I also have longer index fingers which seems to support this.

Alex

Oh! That kind of sex. As in gender sex... I couldn't wrap my head around what brain sex was for a moment there. Now the thread finally makes sense to me  :P

Sofi
Oh! That kind of sex. As in gender sex... I couldn't wrap my head around what brain sex was for a moment there. Now the thread finally makes sense to me  :P

Hahahaha! Hilarious. That didn't even cross my mind, until you mentioned that. When I see the word 'sex', I automatically think of gender, thankfully. But, once I've got something like that in my head, I find it hilarious. 

As for this thread, I have been trying to do the quiz all evening and I can't seem to work it out. I will keep trying as I am interested! 

Arthur

Well i can't print this out don't have any paper for printer.

Alex
Hahahaha! Hilarious. That didn't even cross my mind, until you mentioned that. When I see the word 'sex', I automatically think of gender, thankfully. But, once I've got something like that in my head, I find it hilarious. 

Well, you see.. This is one of those language misunderstandings.. In my native language the word sex can only mean one thing, and it's not gender!