DavideC

Alot happened

DavideC

Hello everybody!

Maybe some of you remember me. I'm sorry for not beeing online the past year. It has been a stressfull time for me and I haven't had the energy. This year I finally got into school again. It's a "small groups" school. Currently there are only 8 people in my class (including me). It has been helping me to concentrate on my work. Unfortunately the teachers don't quite understand me. Although one of them has a daughter who also has Aspergers, but goes to the normal public school. It hasn't been easy in the beginning to stay for lunch. But it got better. I'm working really hard to get an apprenticeship next summer. My psychiatrist found a company, who only hires people with Aspergers. It's called "Asperger Informatics". It's actually not far away from my home. The company was founded by a woman with Aspergers. I'm going to visit that place in the coming weeks. I'm really happy to see my progress. And there's one thing I'm really excited about. I signed up to make my private pilot license reality. Though it's probably going to happen next year. My lifegoal is to become an airline pilot. And no, I'm not afraid of the whole stress in the cockpit with the talking. I just have problems with smalltalk. So this happened this year. What about you guys?

Cheers

Davide :D

vcq14

Hi Davide; welcome back and congratulations on your progress :-)

I love the idea of a company that only hires Aspies...wish we had something like that in my area.

So glad to hear from another aviation enthusiast!   I teach international pilots for a living (I've also designed courses on phraseology and Aviation English for other countries), but my real goal is to get my PPL (Private Pilot License) on both fixed- and rotary-wing one day. Looking forward to seeing you in the captain's seat one day! :P

Cheers,

VCQ

DavideC

Hi Davide; welcome back and congratulations on your progress :-)

I love the idea of a company that only hires Aspies...wish we had something like that in my area.

So glad to hear from another aviation enthusiast! I teach international pilots for a living (I've also designed courses on phraseology and Aviation English for other countries), but my real goal is to get my PPL (Private Pilot License) on both fixed- and rotary-wing one day. Looking forward to seeing you in the captain's seat one day! :P

Cheers,

VCQ

Great! So you're a flight instructor?

Asgardian

Hello Davide. I am a new addition to the forum since you were last on here.

I am pleased to hear you are making progress with your ambitions. Good luck  :) .

DavideC

Hello Davide. I am a new addition to the forum since you were last on here.

I am pleased to hear you are making progress with your ambitions. Good luck :) .

Thanks. Good luck with yours too!

Kuribo [old account]

Welcome back. :)

Asgardian

Thanks. Good luck with yours too!

Thanks Davide.

Nesf

Good luck with getting your pilot's license! A company that hires only people with AS? That sounds awesome! :)

Edit: Sorry, I wrote "fires" when I meant to write hires lol! Now corrected.

Edited by Nesf

Asgardian

Good luck with getting your pilot's license! A company that fires only people with AS? That sounds awesome! :)

That sounds like a great place for us Aspies.