mary

Showing appreciation

mary

Well, I was thinking about this thread this morning and I have now had the time to write it up...

I thought it was time I said a very public thank you to Willow (and Chris) for enabling us all to come together and make this place what it is.  I find it the most support I've had since finding out about my diagnosis and without this forum I think I'd be pretty lost for support most of the time.

I find there's only so much support I can ask for, and get, from my family as they themselves are not diagnosed, whether they show traits or not is debatable at times... but if they don't experience things themselves I can't expect them to understand everything that I go through.

So, without this forum and the wonderful people on it, I'd receive very little support from those that know what it's like to be 'us'.

THANK YOU! Willow and Chris.. you guys should be commended for what you've done here and long may it continue.  You have made such a great, welcoming forum where it seems that most people feel very comfortable in discussing most of what goes on in their lives... something that is a feat in itself.

:)

Willow

Aww, thank you oakers! :D

I really can't say how happy I am that you like it so much, and how pleased I am to see everyone getting so much help - and making new friends. I really am blown away by how much of a nice forum this is, and I have you guys to thank for that!

So, thank you guys, for being so nice and helpful!

iggy

+1 to oakers, it's a very nice forum you have here.

Also a very professional looking website, which I notice has its own little banner with all the Facebook and things now :D

Sofi

Ditto to oakers as well  :D I feel very thankful and appreciative for this forum too, it has helped me in a lot ways so far and I have made some great friends, which I never thought would happen and I think it will open new opportunities to me which will also help me so much! To be honest, it is probably one of the best ways of support I have had ever since I was diagnosed (and that's a long time for me!) 

Thank you, Willow & Chris  :D

Willow
+1 to oakers, it's a very nice forum you have here. Also a very professional looking website, which I notice has its own little banner with all the Facebook and things now :D

Thanks :D I've been busy making my site over the past week, and I'm struggling a little without Chris' help, but I'm getting there!

Ben

Has someone been at the sherry again? 

Seriously though, this place is going to be a home for years and years to come. Stop and think about that. We will be sharing huge parts of our adult lives with each other almost daily. 

Now we're in 2013. Then it will be 2014, then 15, then 16, and before you know it, people will be getting married off, having kids, starting new and exiting careers, and we will all be here with each other when it happens. 

Maybe not best friends, but we will be very close by the end. Then we'll up sticks, and then the next generation of users will come on. 

I know what your thinking but meh! What's wrong with being optimistic? 

I'll return to this post in 10 years. Let's see where we all are..... 

Nesf

This forum is definitely helping me through a difficult period of my life and it's just about the only support I have, so thank you  Willow and Chris and everyone else on it!!!

mary
Has someone been at the sherry again? 

Seriously though, this place is going to be a home for years and years to come. Stop and think about that. We will be sharing huge parts of our adult lives with each other almost daily. 

Now we're in 2013. Then it will be 2014, then 15, then 16, and before you know it, people will be getting married off, having kids, starting new and exiting careers, and we will all be here with each other when it happens. 

Maybe not best friends, but we will be very close by the end. Then we'll up sticks, and then the next generation of users will come on. 

I know what your thinking but meh! What's wrong with being optimistic? 

I'll return to this post in 10 years. Let's see where we all are..... 

Didn't you know I'm always on the sherry!?!?  Haha, jk, shame I don't drink as I could blame it on so many weird things I apparently do!! ;)

I liked your post... I really did.  It made me smile and I think you're right... I'm sure many of us will stick around for quite some time and then who knows where we might all end up.  The fact we all support each other is such a great thing and I'm sure there will be many friendships that are built through this.

Ben

I like that this place allows me to be creative, and find places of myself I didn't know I had. Although we must not forget, that even though Willow and chris created this place, we shouldn't take away from the fact that it's the members that make it what it is. 

The Notifications I get to tell me someone has liked a post of mine, the support I get at all hours of the day, and that I feel secure enough here, to let down the tough guy exterior, Really makes me feel glad that I have started the forum so early. 

I think I'm one of the first 20 members, and as the years roll by, I think this will turn out to be one of the most important places in my life. I'm sometimes moody, and grumpy, but even on my worst day, I think everyone here should pat themselves on the back every now and then for making this miserable sod smile. 

Sofi

Well, you never know what will happen - some people may find love etc etc. on the forum and come back posting photos of Asperclick weddings & babies  :P

(This is one of my rare jokes - enjoy it!)