Nesf

Your first memory

Nesf

I particularly like your creative use of the jigsaw pieces, Willow!

I remember standing in the porch at my grandparents' house when I was about 3 and wetting my pants - I don't know why I did it because I was definitely toilet trained by then!

I may have sais this before but I remember being punished at kindergarten when I was about four and made to stand in the corner, and listening to this strange humming noise which was oddly soothing.

mary

I remember being at playgroup and a cricket attaching itself to my leg... I absolutely hated that feeling of them suckering on and I have been scared of crickets doing such a thing since then.  I can't have been too old then, maybe 3 or 4 but it remember the feeling clearly.

Nesf
I remember being at playgroup and a cricket attaching itself to my leg... I absolutely hated that feeling of them suckering on and I have been scared of crickets doing such a thing since then.  I can't have been too old then, maybe 3 or 4 but it remember the feeling clearly.

Once a huge one dropped out of a tree and landed in my blouse - I was terrified because I didn't know what it was, and could feel it hopping around.

mary
Once a huge one dropped out of a tree and landed in my blouse - I was terrified because I didn't know what it was, and could feel it hopping around.

Eek... that'd be terrible.  I be that would freak me out as well.  Something else that freaks me out, aside from spiders and snakes, are praying mantis.  They're just so creepy... I should really stop thinking about things like this haha

Nesf
Eek... that'd be terrible.  I be that would freak me out as well.  Something else that freaks me out, aside from spiders and snakes, are praying mantis.  They're just so creepy... I should really stop thinking about things like this haha

I did freak out - and it was in a public place, too. Insects don't really bother me, not even spiders, but having one inside my blouse is a different matter! In Greece there were praying mantises and also scorpions. Once I found one in the bed sheets - lucky I saw it before I lay down on top of it.  I suppose there must have been some scary bugs in Australia, too.

mary
I did freak out - and it was in a public place, too. Insects don't really bother me, not even spiders, but having one inside my blouse is a different matter! In Greece there were praying mantises and also scorpions. Once I found one in the bed sheets - lucky I saw it before I lay down on top of it.  I suppose there must have been some scary bugs in Australia, too.

Argh, that's just not a good thought!  As for the scorpions that is even scarier.  Yeah we had some pretty horrid stuff, and lots of poisonous things too.  I think that's why I was so scared of snakes and spiders, that and they are unpredictable.  I remember my nan was stung by a baby scorpion when she was making a bed once, she was registered blind, so she only saw a little dot, and then felt the sting.  Pretty scary.

This is bringing back so many memories.. I remember putting a shoe on once and standing on a centipede.. I just about had a heart attack there and then.  I learnt after that to shake my shoes out and still do it.

Nesf
Argh, that's just not a good thought!  As for the scorpions that is even scarier.  Yeah we had some pretty horrid stuff, and lots of poisonous things too.  I think that's why I was so scared of snakes and spiders, that and they are unpredictable.  I remember my nan was stung by a baby scorpion when she was making a bed once, she was registered blind, so she only saw a little dot, and then felt the sting.  Pretty scary.

This is bringing back so many memories.. I remember putting a shoe on once and standing on a centipede.. I just about had a heart attack there and then.  I learnt after that to shake my shoes out and still do it.

That must have been really scary!! I'm a bit paranoid about checking my shoes since being in Greece because there you could find a scorpion in your boot. I've heard that there are some scorpions her, too, though they aren't native to the UK, but I've never seen them. Greece also has poisonous spiders, a kind of tarantula. I know someone who was bitten by one and had to go to hospital. There are adders in the area I live now, but I've never seen one.

mary
That must have been really scary!! I'm a bit paranoid about checking my shoes since being in Greece because there you could find a scorpion in your boot. I've heard that there are some scorpions her, too, though they aren't native to the UK, but I've never seen them. Greece also has poisonous spiders, a kind of tarantula. I know someone who was bitten by one and had to go to hospital. There are adders in the area I live now, but I've never seen one.

I've seen a snake once since being here... it was while I lived in Swanage, and it went into the laundry that we had near where we all stayed, but it couldn't get back out again for some reason.  Someone came and got it for us, but yeah, that was pretty freaky.

Scorpions anywhere sound scary, let alone in a boot!  Tarantulas just look scary... esp with their hairy legs :(  I am not a fan of the creepy crawly things... although I like things like little lizards, esp geckos.

Nesf
I've seen a snake once since being here... it was while I lived in Swanage, and it went into the laundry that we had near where we all stayed, but it couldn't get back out again for some reason.  Someone came and got it for us, but yeah, that was pretty freaky.

Scorpions anywhere sound scary, let alone in a boot!  Tarantulas just look scary... esp with their hairy legs :(  I am not a fan of the creepy crawly things... although I like things like little lizards, esp geckos.

lizards are ok I guess. A snake in the UK would really freak me out because it's so rare to see them. It must have been scary, and you don't know if it's venomous or not. There's a kind of legless lizard called a slow worm that looks like a snake but isn't, and some people confuse them with snakes.