Sofi

Sofi's Support Thread

Sofi

As a few of my friends on here already know, my mum (& brother) is going away on holiday on Saturday afternoon (30th) until Monday, for Easter. My mum also likes to get a break from caring for me because I know I probably stress her out quite a lot and for her to focus on my brother. My autism support worker will know I'll be here on my own, so will our neighbour who lives next door, but that is only for emergencies. 

I don't function very well on my own for the most part - I rely on my mum for a lot of reminders about eating and hygiene and I can't leave the house without my mum, so I won't be leaving the house in this time. I feel really anxious and panicked about the whole thing, I'll be paranoid about people breaking into the house at night and I've got a thing about wildlife. I know I'll feel pleased with myself when I manage to cope okay with it though, with help and support from my friends online  :D

I'm so pleased I have Asperclick at this time, so I'll be able to get some support on here whilst my mum is away. I just created this thread so I will always be able to come on and hopefully talk to someone if I'm feeling particularly anxious or just to chat  :D

Thank you for those who have already said they'll help me out - it means a lot to me. 

iggy

Good luck :) I'm sure you'll be fine!

Have you thought about timetabling yourself with occasional alarms, to remind you to eat 2-3 times a day, shower, brush your teeth at set times?

mary

Such a great idea for you to post this Sofi... and I'm sure everyone will be here to support you through it should you need us to! :)

I hope you manage to enjoy the time you'll have to yourself and that it won't be too stressful! :) xx

Sofi
Good luck :) I'm sure you'll be fine! Have you thought about timetabling yourself with occasional alarms, to remind you to eat 2-3 times a day, shower, brush your teeth at set times?

Thanks  :) Yes, I think I will be using my phone for some alarms for things like this. I'm worried about actually having a shower when my mum isn't in the house, so I'm thinking I might just... not, and just wash in other ways? 

Such a great idea for you to post this Sofi... and I'm sure everyone will be here to support you through it should you need us to! :)

I hope you manage to enjoy the time you'll have to yourself and that it won't be too stressful! :) xx

It was Willow's good idea to do this thread  :D  Thank you and I meant to mention that in my top post as well, that I will probably enjoy the peace and quiet and some time to myself as well... when I'm not panicking!  :P A break from my time irritating me, maybe that is what we need at the moment, as there has seemed to be a lot of tension recently. 

mary
Thanks  :) Yes, I think I will be using my phone for some alarms for things like this. I'm worried about actually having a shower when my mum isn't in the house, so I'm thinking I might just... not, and just wash in other ways? 

It was Willow's good idea to do this thread  :D  Thank you and I meant to mention that in my top post as well, that I will probably enjoy the peace and quiet and some time to myself as well... when I'm not panicking!  :P A break from my time irritating me, maybe that is what we need at the moment, as there has seemed to be a lot of tension recently. 

What is it that worries you about having a shower while you're mum's not there?  Is it a fear of the water?  or a fear of being in the house alone, and being in the shower?

It'll probably do you the world of good, esp now you have the support of people on here to help get you through :)

Andy

The thing is Sofi, food, you will eat when you are hungry your body will remind you of that fact, hygiene well again your body will remind you, listen to yourself your body is capable of a lot of things.

Toran

I'm sure you will find the experience a positive moral booster when they come home and you realise how we'll you have done and what you can do. It's an old saying that the only thing to fear is fear itself. That means that you don't have to worry about what you are doing just the feeling you have. Look at it logically you can set your alarms for breakfast and meals washing cleaning your teeth so you don't have to think about them. You won't forget just keep your phone near or ask somebody who has your number to text you at the time you need to do things or both if your worried about anything that way your worry free. Your neighbour is only a few feet away through a few bricks so your not technically alone they are just a few feet away. Get your favourite food in prepare all your favourite games and interests so you have your days filled up with things to do. You could play quiet relaxation music when your in bed to help you sleep. That way you can have a lovely time relaxing doing what you want when you want it's tried and tested it works for me if you focus on that instead of fear it will work for you too. Enjoy x

mary

Oooh... I just thought... what about having some movies in so that you've got something to distract you if you feel like you need it?

Megsmum

If you are worried about having a shower while your mum is away, maybe you could arrange your saturday so that you have one before she leaves then have another one when she gets back on Monday. Going one day without a shower is not going to do any harm (my daughter would go a lot longer than that ;) ).

I'm sure the break from each other will be good for both of you. I hope you are able to relax enough to enjoy the peace and quiet. All of your friends on the forum will be hear for you if you need them. Good luck :D

Nesf

I know what you mean - it feels very strange and unsettling if you're in the house alone, especially at night and when you're not used to it, and it can be scary - it might help to keep a light or two on around the house, and a radio or TV so it feels like someone is there... it's good that your neighbours know about it because they are nearby and you know there is someone there if you need them.