Sofi

Sofi's Support Thread

Annaflower

I'll be here to chat to you if you are feeling panicky. I get night time panic attacks sometimes and it can be scary if there is nobody there to help me through it. We are all here to support you and keep you company x x x

Sofi

Thank you for all replies and kind words. 

What is it that worries you about having a shower while you're mum's not there?  Is it a fear of the water?  or a fear of being in the house alone, and being in the shower?

It'll probably do you the world of good, esp now you have the support of people on here to help get you through :)

My mum tells me not to have a shower when she's not in the house just in case anything goes wrong. Yes - I have a sensory issue with the water on me, particularly in the shower, which I can easily get annoyed and frustrated about and then maybe slip over in the shower, also I'm no good at telling the temperature of hot water so she usually checks that water isn't going to burn me. I reckon it's probably safest not to risk something like that while she's away. I'd most likely be okay but I guess it's probably not the best time to risk it....

Oooh... I just thought... what about having some movies in so that you've got something to distract you if you feel like you need it?

Yeah, movies would be a really good idea. I usually download movies (ssh!) so I might download a few new ones I can watch. If you/anyone has any recommendations, let me know! I like most kind of movies to be honest, if it's not too complicated to follow!!  :P

If you are worried about having a shower while your mum is away, maybe you could arrange your saturday so that you have one before she leaves then have another one when she gets back on Monday. Going one day without a shower is not going to do any harm (my daughter would go a lot longer than that ;) ).

I'm sure the break from each other will be good for both of you. I hope you are able to relax enough to enjoy the peace and quiet. All of your friends on the forum will be hear for you if you need them. Good luck :D

I'll most likely have a shower/bath on Saturday before they leave and I'll be fine until they come back on Monday. To be honest, I only usually have a shower/bath once a week, or less often, so I won't care about not having one when she's away (sorry if that's gross!) I have a lot of issues about the water :( I use baby wipes to remain clean. I actually bought 4 new packets of wipes today, so I'll be fine  :P

Thank you very much - I think the break will be good for us and I'm sure I'll get to enjoy the peace and quiet at some points and it's so great to have the forum for support  :D

spiderwoman0_2

I don't blame you for not having a shower, sometimes it's nice not to bother :P I'll  be here most of the time especially in the evenings although I do go to bed around 10pm (getting old you see lol) just make sure all doors are locked at all times and windows too if they lock.  My doors are always locked even when we're in, it's a good habbit to get into.

Toran
I don't blame you for not having a shower, sometimes it's nice not to bother :P I'll  be here most of the time especially in the evenings although I do go to bed around 10pm (getting old you see lol) just make sure all doors are locked at all times and windows too if they lock.  My doors are always locked even when we're in, it's a good habbit to get into.

Yes have to agree there all doors and windows locked up but I do have my upstairs window open because I hate feeling shut in but to anyone else I'd advice closing them securely at night.

Sofi

Thanks  :D  Yeah, my mum goes to bed at about 10pm usually too! I might just keep the doors locked the entire time as I have no need to step outside! 

Toran
Thanks  :D  Yeah, my mum goes to bed at about 10pm usually too! I might just keep the doors locked the entire time as I have no need to step outside! 

That's the best thing you could do good idea :-)

spiderwoman0_2

Yes you must, I'm a bit paranoid about these things and my door is locked 24/7 :D

Spiderman0_2
Yes you must, I'm a bit paranoid about these things and my door is locked 24/7 :D

That's not to keep people out but to keep me in :P

Sofi
That's not to keep people out but to keep me in :P

Hahaha! I was having mental images of you running to the door shaking the handle to get out "Get me out of here!"     :P

Khasper

I usually keep all of the doors locked, and I one time I even put a chair in front of the basement door. That is not to keep someone from breaking in but the creatures that live in the basement away. :D I still can't go down there without all the lights on or someone else with me.