Sofi

Sofi's Support Thread

Sofi
I usually keep all of the doors locked, and I one time I even put a chair in front of the basement door. That is not to keep someone from breaking in but the creatures that live in the basement away. :D I still can't go down there without all the lights on or someone else with me.

Yes -  I understand. I often put chairs and boxes in front of the fireplace to stop birds coming down, which has happened in the past :( As well as other wildlife. I will be doing that when my mum goes away too; 

Megsmum
Yes -  I understand. I often put chairs and boxes in front of the fireplace to stop birds coming down, which has happened in the past :( As well as other wildlife. I will be doing that when my mum goes away too; 

Urrgh, birds or wildlife in the house would freak me out!!! I love watching the birds in the garden and I often put food out for them, and I love seeing the wildlife when I am out walking the dog, but having them in the house is too scary :(

Sofi
Urrgh, birds or wildlife in the house would freak me out!!! I love watching the birds in the garden and I often put food out for them, and I love seeing the wildlife when I am out walking the dog, but having them in the house is too scary :(

Yes - that is my main phobia, wildlife in the house! It is because we have had 2 birds, a bat, mice and a slug in the house in the past and that is why I'm terrified of it now and even more so when my mum is away and I won't know what to do if something like that happened when I am on my own :( If I hear any small noise, I will probably start to think it is a wildlife member! 

iggy

I own a cat, so wildlife in the house is either sad because its dead (bad cat) or cute/annoying because its running around in the hall! I've held a woodpecker because I rescued one a couple of years ago! Also, shrews are cute.

Megsmum
Yes - that is my main phobia, wildlife in the house! It is because we have had 2 birds, a bat, mice and a slug in the house in the past and that is why I'm terrified of it now and even more so when my mum is away and I won't know what to do if something like that happened when I am on my own :( If I hear any small noise, I will probably start to think it is a wildlife member! 

I can understand why you would be worried, even a little spider can scare me, I just have to tell myself that the creature doesn't want to hurt me and is probably just as scared as I am.

Maybe keeping some calming background music on will help to disguise any small noises that would worry you.

Sofi
I can understand why you would be worried, even a little spider can scare me, I just have to tell myself that the creature doesn't want to hurt me and is probably just as scared as I am.

Maybe keeping some calming background music on will help to disguise any small noises that would worry you.

Yeah, I think I will need to keep listening to something to disguise/distract me from any small noises but I know any noise I hear will be nothing! (Most likely!) I will also continue to wear my ear plugs at night when I do try to sleep to stop me hearing any noises, to give me a chance of sleep at least!

Thank you  :)

Smithy The Wizard

If this helps you could put post-it notes that will remind you to do things. I hope this is helpful.  :)

Toran

When we had a coal fire they used to come down the chimney covered in soot and fly around the room very messy trying to get soot off wallpaper wasn't good.

thelastrequiem

Whenever my mum leaves, even for a few days, I get really lonely.

But luckily for me she doesn't go out often!

Sofi
When we had a coal fire they used to come down the chimney covered in soot and fly around the room very messy trying to get soot off wallpaper wasn't good.

Yes - that is what happened to us. It took my mum a long time to clean the whole room due to the soot and mess the birds made :( Terrified of this happening again.