LizW95

Full Time or Part Time Work - Which do you do?

spiderwoman0_2

I don't work, to be honest it scares the sh*t out of me! lol

Bruce

I have worked full time but have been out of work for awhile due to several mental health issues (which at least got me diagnosed with Aspergers!). Now, I've just started a part time voluntary job at Oxfam (in their online book department).

HalfFull
I can cope with full time work no problem, I am well practised, the question is can employers cope with me ?

My past is I was always good at what I did even exemplary, what I did I took personally but many a past employer hated me for me and I have heard that many times in my work history, I am me whatever I am but no matter what I tried to be at least tolerated, I always rubbed my employers up the wrong way in every job I have ever held.

Now I believe I am flawed, why or what I have no idea because I have tried every way possible  known to me, I just annoy employers.

Have you ever worked with support from an organisation that supports people with AS who can liase with you and the employer to work through problems? I had problems with work until I disclosed AS and had support. Some people daren't disclose AS but in my case it has helped.

edion

I just hate to work. Or not the work but i am not got at socialize so my last work i had to quit because the peoples that i worked with said to the manager that they could not work with me. My favorite time to work is night and i think thats the only time i can do my best work because there aren´t so many people working at night and you dont have to socialize as much. Im thinking about going down to part time if i have to work on the day but right now i just want to work but if i say i have aspergers it seems like im not getting any. So my opinion in this is  part time on the day full time if it is on the night

Sofi
I don't work, to be honest it scares the sh*t out of me! lol

Me too lol. The thought of full time work terrifies me, I'd realistically not be able to cope with that.

Have you ever worked with support from an organisation that supports people with AS who can liase with you and the employer to work through problems? I had problems with work until I disclosed AS and had support. Some people daren't disclose AS but in my case it has helped.

I think one of these organisations would be a good idea for me in the future. 

Nesf

Do you know of any such organisations?

My goal is to work for myself... ideally I would like to get qualifications as a translator and/or get some proofreading qualification. Then I could build on my language skills and my communication would be primarily through email and not need to deal face to face with people or have a boss. But it's not so easy, I need money from somewhere so I can take a course or do an MA.

doulak

My schedule is very unpredictable and inconsistent. I'm a birth doula, and aside from scheduled prenatal and postpartum visits, births can be anytime and last anywhere from 4-24+ hours. I love my job and it is my passion but it is pretty challenging at times, especially functioning on little to no sleep.

Toran

Im going back to work full time but im not sure how im going to function. Ive never had six months off ill before im looking forward to going bacck in one way but scared in another crazy isnt it.

Bruce

Hope that goes well!

Sofi

Good luck going back to work, Toran. I can't imagine quite how nerve wraking that might be for you, after being off. Just remember that you are capable of your job and remain calm, take each step as it comes then you'll find that you've got through it all eventually. Let us know how you get on tomorrow.