LizW95

Full Time or Part Time Work - Which do you do?

Toran
I did drop both mentally and physically and collapse. That's why I returned to the UK from being abroad, went to see the neuropsychiatrist, got diagnosed and then sought help. But no help was given to me because I have a property. Yes, I do have the property, but I have little income, no job prospects, and in this economic climate the property would be difficult to sell. They look at you assets but don't assess your difficulties from a realistic practical viewpoint.

No they wont unfortunately because those that get on and try to make something of their life are penalised like you have been. Its a vicious cirlcle that is difficult to get out of because they say you have means that you clearly dont. Even if you sold it then you have to pay rent and would have money over the limit so you dont get help and have to spend it all until your broke then end up right back where you started with no money no home and little help. Then they say we support those that work hard like to see how they prove that to you in your situation. Could you do any work from home having travelled so much do you speak many languages maybe an interpreter just wondering if you have utilise your skills maybe go self employed ?

Nesf
No they wont unfortunately because those that get on and try to make something of their life are penalised like you have been. Its a vicious cirlcle that is difficult to get out of because they say you have means that you clearly dont. Even if you sold it then you have to pay rent and would have money over the limit so you dont get help and have to spend it all until your broke then end up right back where you started with no money no home and little help. Then they say we support those that work hard like to see how they prove that to you in your situation. Could you do any work from home having travelled so much do you speak many languages maybe an interpreter just wondering if you have utilise your skills maybe go self employed ?

Yes, exactly - that just about sums it up!

I was able to buy the property because i inherited some money. I've never had a particularly successful working career, have changed jobs frequently, and not been very successful financially. I've always been able to make enough money to live off, but that's just about it. I have no savings, just the property. I do some online tuition and the occasional translation or proofreading. The problem is that I don't know how to go about doing things and getting work. I think you have to either have a large social network or be very assertive, and I'm neither. I want a job but fear it because I worry that I might have problems with it again like I had in the past. I saw a documentary where a lady in a similar position to me, wanting work as a translator, phoned up a lot of businesses to try and set up an interview. I don't think I could ever do this. I hate using the phone, and wouldn't know what to say. I could get translation jobs in Romania, but the pay is really bad.

Colin

full time work at hardwear store for almost 14 years

I work Tuesday to Saturday 9:00am to 6pm

seasonal sales

I enjoy having a job