luckydip

Clocks go foward

luckydip

Just a reminder to everyone who lives in the UK the clocks go forward an hour in the early hours so an hour less in bed for us all.

Maybe now we fill finally get some warmer weather as we will be in BST.

Andy

Well it's a bright and mild day here today, I even went out for ten minutes.

Toran
Just a reminder to everyone who lives in the UK the clocks go forward an hour in the early hours so an hour less in bed for us all.

Maybe now we fill finally get some warmer weather as we will be in BST.

That's a overly hopefully statement given our weather and of course I hope to get an extra hours sleep by having a lie in tomorrow for two hours.

Willow

Thanks for the reminder :D

iggy

Argh, I forgot about this, of course! Bad weekend to loose another hour of sleep, but oh well, I'm sure most people have remembered.

Have you ever had an incident of either yourself or a friend arriving an hour early/late for anything because of the BST?

mary

Thanks for reminding us... for some reason, even though I've been here nearly half my life now (scary thought!) I still can't remember if we turn the clocks forward or back each time it comes around.

One time, we had a trial of daylight savings back home and my uncle turned the clock the wrong way and ended up waiting somewhere for ages as he was wayyyy too early!  It never stuck in Perth while I lived there though so we'd have some states with daylight savings and some without.. made everything so much more confusing!  I do remember laughing at the ridiculous reasons people didn't want it for though: the cows won't know when to be milked, the curtains will fade... it was seriously stupid!

Sofi

Thank you for the reminder, I will have to remember to adjust all the clocks in my house... an hour ahead? I hate when this happens, it's unsettling! 

Toran
Thank you for the reminder, I will have to remember to adjust all the clocks in my house... an hour ahead? I hate when this happens, it's unsettling! 

I believe they started this in the Second World War for more daylight hours but why they are still doing it no is a mystery to me we don't actually need to do it now do we ??

Nesf

One hour less in bed :(  but at least the evenings will be lighter... and I may not wake up at 6 oclock because of the light coming into my bedroom.

mary
I believe they started this in the Second World War for more daylight hours but why they are still doing it no is a mystery to me we don't actually need to do it now do we ??

Having a quick read it actually started before the war, in 1916.  Very interesting to read actually... and how it used to be that they'd be on British double summer time. 

I guess it's just nicer to have more daylight hours in the evenings.