luckydip

Clocks go foward

Toran
Having a quick read it actually started before the war, in 1916.  Very interesting to read actually... and how it used to be that they'd be on British double summer time. 

I guess it's just nicer to have more daylight hours in the evenings. 

Thanks for that got which war it was wrong lol. That's true it is nice having summer evenings longer daylight hours. I'm going to sound silly I know but what's double summer time ?

Heather
Thanks for reminding us... for some reason, even though I've been here nearly half my life now (scary thought!) I still can't remember if we turn the clocks forward or back each time it comes around.

One time, we had a trial of daylight savings back home and my uncle turned the clock the wrong way and ended up waiting somewhere for ages as he was wayyyy too early!  It never stuck in Perth while I lived there though so we'd have some states with daylight savings and some without.. made everything so much more confusing!  I do remember laughing at the ridiculous reasons people didn't want it for though: the cows won't know when to be milked, the curtains will fade... it was seriously stupid!

A cool way to remember is "Fall back, Spring ahead"... in the fall you turn your clocks back, in spring you turn them ahead.  Awhile back I heard this, and it's kind of stuck.

And tomorrow I will be back to being 8 hours behind all you people instead of the 7 I was for the past 2 or 3 weeks since we changed our time. :)

Arthur

Ahhh Crap who ever invented daylight savings is an idiot!!!

spiderwoman0_2

I normally forget, my mum still rings me to make sure I've done it lol :P

mary

My mum's phone co just sent her a text message to remind her that the clocks were going back... now that's a cool bonus :)

iggy

Oakers, the way to remember it is "spring forward, fall (autumn) back"

mary
A cool way to remember is "Fall back, Spring ahead"... in the fall you turn your clocks back, in spring you turn them ahead.  Awhile back I heard this, and it's kind of stuck.

And tomorrow I will be back to being 8 hours behind all you people instead of the 7 I was for the past 2 or 3 weeks since we changed our time. :)

Ahhh now that is a good way to remember it... thank you :)  I shall see how I get on with that one!

It's a shame you're now 8 hours behind again :( 

Oakers, the way to remember it is "spring forward, fall (autumn) back"

Thank you :)

HalfFull

I find it odd that its called Daylight Savings because there exactly the same amount of Daylight its just that it gets darker later. Its nice to walk home from work in daylight though :)

mary
I find it odd that its called Daylight Savings because there exactly the same amount of Daylight its just that it gets darker later. Its nice to walk home from work in daylight though :)

Haha, I don't know, that's just what it was called back home.  I don't think we really noticed a difference with the hour because it was always quite light early in the day and stayed light til quite late.

StormCrow

Over here we sprang ahead In March it was a week before St. Patrick's Day.

It always messes with my system anyway