Alex

Alex's New Years resolutions for 2015!

Alex
Hello Alex from the future! This is Alex from a distant past. I have come in peace to show you the goals you set yourself a year ago!

So without further ado, here's a list of a few goals that past Alex (that's me!) set for future Alex (that is me reading this in late 2015) so that you (that is me) have something to work ('Work'  - Activity directed toward making or doing something) towards... Look! It's complicated, ok?

1. Get more independent. Yes, independent. No, don't just watch Independence Day with Will Smith all day long...
2. Go outside more. The fresh air is good for you!
3. Receive more education, of some kind. Because even though that Pink Floyd song says that we don't need no education, it is important to be challenged and learn etc.
4. Improve your mental health. More therapy! Less anxiety! Less destructive thinking! Huzzah!
5. Start playing an instrument again. No matter if it's the guitar, the bass, or the cow bell. I know you have the music in you, and you long to get it out! You even have dreams about it sometimes! You can't run from it.
6. Cook more. Yes, you heard me. You're actually pretty decent at it, so why not explore some more recipes and really cook something magnificent?
7. Eat more smørrebrød. This one is obvious, and I don't think I have to remind you that you need dat shizzle!
8. Beer! You like beer. Try more different beers, since it brings you joy. It's fun to try new things! Drink responsibly.

Welp. That's it for this year! See you later, buddy!

This was Alex. Beaming out.

RiRi

This'll be a very exciting read for next year. :) *cheers* to a great year! :)

Alex

This'll be a very exciting read for next year. :) *cheers* to a great year! :)

Thank you, Anna! *Cheers* :D

pianissimo

Thanks for the giggle Alex. And you forgot one- campaign for smørrebrød and viking emoticons.  :P

Ben

1. Get more independent. Yes, independent. No, don't just watch Independence Day with Will Smith all day long...
2. Go outside more. The fresh air is good for you!
3. Receive more education, of some kind. Because even though that Pink Floyd song says that we don't need no education, it is important to be challenged and learn etc.
4. Improve your mental health. More therapy! Less anxiety! Less destructive thinking! Huzzah!
5. Start playing an instrument again. No matter if it's the guitar, the bass, or the cow bell. I know you have the music in you, and you long to get it out! You even have dreams about it sometimes! You can't run from it.
6. Cook more. Yes, you heard me. You're actually pretty decent at it, so why not explore some more recipes and really cook something magnificent?
7. Eat more smørrebrød. This one is obvious, and I don't think I have to remind you that you need dat shizzle!
8. Beer! You like beer. Try more different beers, since it brings you joy. It's fun to try new things! Drink responsibly.
9. Be more like Ben. He's an amazing role model for young people, the elderly love him, and men (like me) want to be him. Sigh, maybe one day, in another life, he'll let me beat him at something. 

Good list. 

I like number nine. 

Alex

Good list. 

I like number nine. 

Come on, think of a witty reply, Alex! A witty reply, come on... Damn! Well, I guess you've beat me at something again, Ben.

Oh wait. Didn't I beat you at being the 'Most Troublesome' last year?... somehow?... accidentally?...

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Ben

Oh wait. Didn't I beat you at being the 'Most Troublesome' last year?... somehow?... accidentally?...

No, I passed the torch over to you. It's completely different from getting beat. 

Plus, life is ever changing, and I don't like to cling on to old accolades for too long... Unlike you. Two years has passed and you're still bragging about being Asperclick's first official member *Yawn.* 

Clowning around aside though, I genuinely do wish you well for this year, and your goals - particularly number four. I'm just coming to the end of my CBT treatment, and it's been a HUGE success. I get much more out of counselling now that I'm a bit older. (Yeah, 24 now... I know, right?) 

Alex

No, I passed the torch over to you. It's completely different from getting beat. 

Plus, life is ever changing, and I don't like to cling on to old accolades for too long... Unlike you. Two years has passed and you're still bragging about being Asperclick's first official member *Yawn.* 

Clowning around aside though, I genuinely do wish you well for this year, and your goals - particularly number four. I'm just coming to the end of my CBT treatment, and it's been a HUGE success. I get much more out of counselling now that I'm a bit older. (Yeah, 24 now... I know, right?) 

Honestly speaking, I am thankful for the torch but I still consider you the ultimately 'Most Troublesome'. You're right - Life is ever changing and we change as people aswell, but I was never much of a troublemaker myself... Well, except for the occasional shenanigan session with you... But I still think you deserve it more than me, and it's not so much for being troublesome, but for being Ben... I don't know, maybe I'm just a softie?

Anyway, thank you, my friend :)  I really appreciate it. And I wish you the same, no matter what your goals are for this year and overall in life. I'm still holding you up on what you said about making a proper comeback. It would be good to see you around these parts more! It's been too damn long! Although, I do of course understand that life gets in the way sometimes. Believe me.

P.S. You're getting old!  :P