CharlesK52

Just Found Out.

CharlesK52

Hello everyone, I am Charles. I recently found out some news about myself that I did not know. I am age 33 and found out that I have had Aspergers Syndrome my whole life. My normal everyday life is hard for me to cope with, recent events have made it all the more difficult.

With my daily challenge of Aspergers I have managed to hold down a job, although it only covers my living expenses. I do my best to keep a positive attitude though the separation/divorce I have been able to keep my dog Zoe, she has helped me out tremendously.

I recently found out that my wife's brother had cancer at the same time I found out that I have Aspergers Syndrome. I finally found out why I have such a hard time understanding people and people have a hard time understanding me. Very shortly after that my wife’s brother died, due to my Aspergers I did not go with my wife back to her home town to visit her family, her best friend went with her. As a part of Aspergers it is hard for me to deal with unfamiliar areas. When my wife came back she said that she wants to divorce me that she never loved me and was thinking of divorce the day we got married, She is moving back home 8 hours away, I do not know if my Aspergers has anything to do with her leaving me or not. I spent almost 4 years with her thinking she loved me. Now I am heartbroken, traumatized and majorly financially hindered. I loved her with all my heart. I have a hard time coping with day-to-day life before and now with what I thought was the love of my life leaving/divorcing me, my life is extremely difficult for me everyday, however I am making it. That is my story in a nutshell. With my Aspergers that I have is a more mild form however its a daily battle I deal with OCD and Germaphobia and I am super logical and take people for what they say which has more times than not get me into social problems I have a hard time understanding people and people have a hard time understanding me as I am a tech geek and a science nerd very precise and detailed. I deal with thoughts that come into my head every day and I can not let them go until I resolve them I have trouble getting jobs and getting promoted in jobs cause of the way that I am. With my separation/divorce everything is ever so more hard I face nightmares and times or anxiety it has just magnified everything and made it all sooo much more worse I see a counselor regularly which helps. Anyways thank you for reading my story. Looking forward to hearing from you all! 

- Charles

https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/maasns

Nesf

Hi Charles, welcome to the forum. I hope your diagnosis gave you closure for the difficulites in your life, and will help you in your life in the future.

RiRi

Hi Charles, I'm glad that you've working through the struggles you're facing and hope that things will get better. Anyway, welcome to the forum. :)

Tylermc

Hi and welcome too the forum you will really enjoy it here it's really awesome have a great day

spiderwoman0_2

Hi Charles, welcome to the forum :)  I know it must be a hard time for you, but don't waste your life/time on a woman who didn't/doesn't love you.  One day you'll come across a woman who totally understands and excepts you for who you are. :)

null

Hi Charles :) welcome to the forum. It sounds like things have been difficult for you. Your ex-wife sounds like an absolutely horrible, appalling person. You're better than her and deserve someone who truly loves you

史越瀚

Hi Charles, welcome to the forum!  I hope you are able to find some needed support here to help you through this difficult time. 

Also, although I obviously don't know the details, I doubt if your ex-wife really never loved you.  Sometimes people, especially NT's, say things when they are mad that they don't really mean.  Even if she was hesitant about marrying you, she still decided to do it, and I would wager that during your four years of marriage there must have been at least some times when the two of you were genuinely happy together and in love. 

Edited by 史越瀚

Catman2018

Hi, and welcome to asperclick.

Edited by MCXV

Nintendo2

Hello Charles and welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry what you have been through I hope things get better for you. I can relate I have OCD as well and its hard for me to go to unfamiliar territory. I hope you will really like it on here. :)