Alex

My Recent Trip To Norway

Alex
I thought I would make this a new thread, just to make it easier for myself to share my photos.

To borrow from a previous post:

So my trip to Norway was pretty good, even though I was homesick (as per usual), and I had some worries. It wasn't the best trip ever as we couldn't do much since it was so cold and there was so much snow.

The weather was sunny, but there was a ton of snow. Sometimes the snow was so deep that you sank down to knee height or even deeper, and you had to wear special snow shoes (not boots), to properly walk in the snow, where there were no roads.

I had time to rest and get my mind off from the things that were bugging me at home. I think I left some worries at home but I also took some with me on my trip. I always worry a bit - even on holidays..

I know it's bad to worry and that it's unhealthy to delve in the past.. I will try some of that mindfulness to see if I can become less distant in my mind.

It always takes time for me to acclimatize to a new place, even when I've been to Norway and our cabin numerous times since I was 2 years old.

Pictures

IMG_0815_zpscda959b0.jpg

Frozen lake:

IMG_0816_zps3540d6c2.jpg

Our cabin:

IMG_0836_zps2cc7e2f1.jpg

Heddal stave church:

IMG_0837_zpsf64e8cde.jpg

Someone else's cabins (they just look nice, so I took a picture):

IMG_0859_zpsd46855ee.jpg

The river in Kongsberg:

IMG_0861_zpscd0fe66d.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

These are just some of the pictures I took, but I didn't want to upload them all.

Also, bear in mind that these pictures where taken on an iPhone device, so the quality isn't the best.

Ben

Where is everyone? 

Alex
Where is everyone? 

I didn't actually take any pictures of the people I was with...I guess I didn't think that was interesting...,

iggy

I like that frozen lake! Looks like a nice place for a holiday.

Alex
I like that frozen lake! Looks like a nice place for a holiday.

It is a really nice place!

Fun fact: The 'Frozen lake' photo was taken from the bridge that you can see on the first photo!

Khasper

looks like a nice place.

I woulnd't mind traveling and seeing places like this, but it is my fear of planes that keeps me from going to a lot of places i can't drive too.

Heather

Ooh that looks so nice!  :D  Really beautiful photos!  I'm glad you had a pretty good time despite the worries.  :)

spiderwoman0_2

Lovely pictures Alex :D

Alex
Ooh that looks so nice!  :D  Really beautiful photos!  I'm glad you had a pretty good time despite the worries.  :)

Thank you! Yes - The trip was alright.

I'm going on another trip up there this summer. I think it's going to be a better trip than this one because of all the things you can do there in the summer :)

Alex
Lovely pictures Alex :D

Thank you Spiderwoman!