mysticaluniverse

what is the best way to explain to my boyfriend i have aspergers?

mysticaluniverse

I think i'm finally gonna tell him, but i need help showing him what it is and how it affects me.

I was thinking of sending him one of Willows vids on youtube, the traits in girls... but i'm not sure

:mellow:  :unsure:  :blush:

blacktiger911

I think i'm finally gonna tell him, but i need help showing him what it is and how it affects me.

I was thinking of sending him one of Willows vids on youtube, the traits in girls... but i'm not sure

:mellow:  :unsure:  :blush:

tel him what you know. that is the most important. because the traits of aspies varys from person to person. you could send him here to asperclick and this could show him from what we all post and talk about also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome i like Wikipedia because it just tells you what it is not all this stuff on the internet that has peoples opinions attached to it. but you really should try telling him in your own words first then the other stuff. :D  it is really hard at first but once you get into in it will become easier to talk about, you can do it!! ;)

mysticaluniverse

thanks buddy haha. yeah you are right traits of aspies varys. i'm the quiet awkward(uncomfortable) sensitive aspie, and can get hurt really easily and prone to depression from anxiety. I will find a way i'm just scared he's gonna think im making it up or not take me seriously because im not officially diagnosed. 

:D

RiRi

I think it's good that you want to tell your boyfriend. I'm not sure how your boyfriend will take it, but it since you guys have been together for a while, I think he should take it well. And well, if he doesn't then maybe it's time to reconsider if you want to be with him? Although, sometimes that's not an option. Anyway, I don't mean to scare you, but when you guys get into arguments or I'm not sure, he might take out your weaknesses and I'm not sure if you'll like that? :unsure: I know I wouldn't. I guess it always happens though, it's kind of unavoidable whether you tell him or not. Plus, since you guys have been together for a while, I think he might have noticed some things on how you act already so it might be easier to tell him. :)

If you decide to tell him, tell him how having Asperger's affects you specifically. Also, tell him that maybe it would help if he was more patient with you?

Good luck! :)

blacktiger911

I think it's good that you want to tell your boyfriend. I'm not sure how your boyfriend will take it, but it since you guys have been together for a while, I think he should take it well. And well, if he doesn't then maybe it's time to reconsider if you want to be with him? Although, sometimes that's not an option. Anyway, I don't mean to scare you, but when you guys get into arguments or I'm not sure, he might take out your weaknesses and I'm not sure if you'll like that? :unsure: I know I wouldn't. I guess it always happens though, it's kind of unavoidable whether you tell him or not. Plus, since you guys have been together for a while, I think he might have noticed some things on how you act already so it might be easier to tell him. :)

If you decide to tell him, tell him how having Asperger's affects you specifically. Also, tell him that maybe it would help if he was more patient with you?

well put.

mysticaluniverse

thanks, and yeah i do get you i am scared he will take advantage of it to hurt me. he has also said he's never been with a girl like me before like how emotional i am. 

and yeh, it's like aspergers is different for everyone, mines more i get uncomfortable around people.... just because i can talk to people and i do it and i look like im 'normal' doesnt mean dont feel awkward inside still, ive just learnt a lot about social skills so it looks like im fine. if you get me lol. I even get it with family members. like my head will just go blank and i wont know where to look or how to stand or what to talk about haha , just so many things going on in my head when i talk to people. like he knows i dont like going into shops and places on my own. I can do these things but its just coping really. 

blacktiger911

thanks, and yeah i do get you i am scared he will take advantage of it to hurt me. he has also said he's never been with a girl like me before like how emotional i am. 

and yeh, it's like aspergers is different for everyone, mines more i get uncomfortable around people.... just because i can talk to people and i do it and i look like im 'normal' doesnt mean dont feel awkward inside still, ive just learnt a lot about social skills so it looks like im fine. if you get me lol. I even get it with family members. like my head will just go blank and i wont know where to look or how to stand or what to talk about haha , just so many things going on in my head when i talk to people. like he knows i dont like going into shops and places on my own. I can do these things but its just coping really. 

i can relate.

RiRi

i can relate.

I can relate, as well. I look calm from the outside, but in the inside, I'm really not and instead, very anxious. That's why some people think we don't have anything, but I get a lot of meltdowns if I'm exposed to too many things at once. Even for going to one thing for the whole day, I have to over think about it for the whole time before going. I think about everything that could possibly happen. I don't like going out by myself either.

mysticaluniverse

I've not actually been diagnosed but i just want to know is that a classic aspergers thing/trait?? I mean sometimes i question if it's even aspergers, but from what i've read it sounds like me. 

I want to know what your traits are?  :ph34r:

mysticaluniverse

I can relate, as well. I look calm from the outside, but in the inside, I'm really not and instead, very anxious. That's why some people think we don't have anything, but I get a lot of meltdowns if I'm exposed to too many things at once. Even for going to one thing for the whole day, I have to over think about it for the whole time before going. I think about everything that could possibly happen. I don't like going out by myself either.

yeah you described that a lot better than i did lol, so is that basically what aspergers is... like an anxiety disorder kinda?  :huh:

Edited by linseyhuskybaby