Nesf

Pet Peeves

Nesf

Do you have any pet peeves? I mean small things which other people may take for granted as normal, but are really annoying to you? For example, a couple  I've having at the moment are:

People giving you bad news then asking you if it's ok. "We won't be able to deliver your order today, ok?" No, its not ok!!!!

People walking along the street side by side too slowly while taking up all the pavement so you can't get passed them. Grrrrr!!!

The phone ringing, interrupting what you're doing, you hurry to pick it up and it's a recorded message trying to sell you something.

People tapping me on the shoulder in order to catch my attention. Grrr!!

Ben

The word 'Pet Peeve' believe it or not. I can't stand that word. 

Nesf
The word 'Pet Peeve' believe it or not. I can't stand that word. 

:(

iggy

I hate it when people pick up their dogs and carry them for an entire "walk".They may be small, but their legs still work!

Also I hate how lots of cafe/restaurants assume you want salad dressing and don't write that it is there on the menu.

I also can't stand people tapping me as mentioned previously. It makes me answer in a really hostile way.

Alex

I feel the same about the phone ringing. It doesn't really matter what/who it is. I just hate talking on the phone.

Nesf
I hate it when people pick up their dogs and carry them for an entire "walk".They may be small, but their legs still work!

Also I hate how lots of cafe/restaurants assume you want salad dressing and don't write that it is there on the menu.

I also can't stand people tapping me as mentioned previously. It makes me answer in a really hostile way.

I hate it when they dress their dogs up in clothes, too.

I have the same issue with being served chips with a meal - I never eat them and it's just assumed that you want them.

Heather
Do you have any pet peeves? I mean small things which other people may take for granted as normal, but are really annoying to you? For example, a couple  I've having at the moment are:

People giving you bad news then asking you if it's ok. "We won't be able to deliver your order today, ok?" No, its not ok!!!!

People walking along the street side by side too slowly while taking up all the pavement so you can't get passed them. Grrrrr!!!

The phone ringing, interrupting what you're doing, you hurry to pick it up and it's a recorded message trying to sell you something.

People tapping me on the shoulder in order to catch my attention. Grrr!!

I really dislike people walking too slowly and having to pass people in the first place.  I feel awkward if I'm just walking behind them at the same pace because I feel like a stalker or something, but if I pass them then I feel like I'm showing off that I'm faster then them. :(

I hate when I answer the phone and it's someone trying to sell something.. or for someone who's not home.  I don't answer the phone unless no one else is home and I realize that.  I hate when I have to answer the phone from work because it's almost always them trying to see if I can come in early or on my day off.. and I really don't like that but feel bad sometimes because I know they must need someone if they are calling in the first place. :( 

I get a bit jumpy too and don't like when someone taps me on the shoulder to get my attention either.  But I can't say much because I'm pretty sure I've done that in the past because I was too scared to say their name or didn't know their name. :(

I also don't like if a restaurant doesn't say which dressing, because I'd have to ask because I don't eat dairy/egg/meat.  Though I don't eat out often so it's not a problem.  Though I feel bad because when people order at my workplace, I don't tell them the dressing if they don't ask.. it comes on the side and people often are just assuming there's one that comes with it and it saves time and if I ask them, sometimes it ends up with me blubbering.. though I always ask for the side garden but assume they probably want the one but they might not.  If they have already asked me some questions about what is in the salad or something else, I might ask which dressing because they seem more concerned with ingredients.  But it's difficult to know sometimes.

I can't think of anything new at this moment after responding to the ones I identify most strongly that you both have mentioned.  If I think of another, I'll come back here!

Sofi

I am trying to think of some of my pet peeves... I know I have plenty, probably. I guess, for people on the spectrum, it will look as though we have a lot of 'pet peeves' if we start including things like irritating noises and textures etc. 

One of mine would be when I have an obsession or a strong interest about a subject and someone tries to talk to me as if they know more than me about the subject. I find it irritating, even if they maybe do have more facts on it, I just can't accept it! 

Also, when people tell sarcastic jokes at me, about me, and then they laugh. It's so irritating because I either don't get the joke or don't find it funny and I just have someone kind of laughing at me... 

When people make really loud noises when they are eating, especially soup. 

mary

One of mine is hearing people eat... esp crunchy foods.  One of my colleagues was eating crunchy salad type stuff next to me yesterday while I was trying to work and I thought that was bad, then she broke out the Pink and White mallow wafer things... I was not impressed :(  I don't want to hear people eat, especially when I'm trying to work :(

Smithy The Wizard

1. When people walk slowly, it drives me CRAZY! And sometimes in my school hallway there is a group of girls talking about something and I have to speed-walk around them. It annoys me because I naturally walk fast.

2. Arguing over silly things. When I see someone arguing over something silly all I can think of is shouting "Shut up and act your age!"

3. People calling other people with a mental disability "mentally retarded" I HATE it when someone says that phrase! :angry:

There is probably a lot more that annoys me but I'm just going to leave this list like it is.