brokenOne

Eating a chore.

brokenOne

I dont know if im the only one who feels this way. But i see humans as very needy and metabolically expensive creatures. For me i cant really grasp how people look at food as a form of pleasure, i guess the release of dopamine and other chemicals from a scientific standpoint would make sense. But for me i look at it as tedious and a chore, i understand that my stomach is empty and i need to put something in it, but outside of that i derive no pleasure from the act of consuming food. Just the thought of having to expend energy to make a meal is in of itself a daunting task for me. I find it boring and this often leads me to eating the same things over and over again because quite frankly they are so simple to make and i can just hurry up and get it over with.

Thats why i find it odd going out to eat as some sort of social event. I hate going to restaurants and what not, because again i see it more as a task and not something to really enjoy. I find the saying "i dont eat to live but live to eat" pretty ridiculous. I wish i could be half cyborg so i would no longer require the sustenance that humans do. Thats a different topic entirely, lol i was just wondering everyone's thoughts on this.

Edited by brokenOne

blacktiger911

i feel the same. i like food and junk food but i cannot eat too much of it.

Asgardian

I have mixed views on this. I do like food, but I tend to find that the foods I get the most pleasure from are not the "meal" types of food. I mean things like crisps, biscuits, cakes, fruit and veg which can be eaten as snacks.

Meal times are different. If I am going to eat a meal which I enjoy, i.e. spaghetti bolognese, then I don't see it as a chore. If I am going to have a meal I don't like, such as a roast dinner, then it definitely, without a doubt feels much more like a chore.

On another note, I too would hate to eat out in places like restaurants. For me, that is just a no go situation.

(deleted)

Eating is a chore when the meal is one that I don't like but an intense pleasure when the meal is one of my favourite meals and is cooked to my exact requirements.

null

I'm kind of in two minds about this. I really, really love food but only if it's something I like. Otherwise it does feel like a chore to eat. I suppose this is the case for everyone but personally I often end up skipping meals because there's rarely anything good to eat in my house. It's a massive obstacle to putting on muscle, I can tell ya

mysti

I used to feel exactly like that brokenOne but something (I don't know what) changed & I enjoy eating now.

brokenOne

I'm kind of in two minds about this. I really, really love food but only if it's something I like. Otherwise it does feel like a chore to eat. I suppose this is the case for everyone but personally I often end up skipping meals because there's rarely anything good to eat in my house. It's a massive obstacle to putting on muscle, I can tell ya

I hear ya on the last part about putting on muscle.

Asgardian

I hear ya on the last part about putting on muscle.

I don't know anything about putting on muscle, food related or otherwise  :lol:

Edited by Phil

King_oni

I'm a bit ambivalent about eating. Obvously, looking at my figure, I can't claim I never liked to eat, lol

But I find the distraction of my body telling me to shove food in my mouth again to be quite annoying. It interrupts my train of thought, and keeps me from being productive at times. On the other hand, I do like to eat out and visit restaurants, but that's more along the lines of planning it somewhat. If I haven't put "eating" in my schedule it's a chore for sure.

But I guess that really depends on what I'm doing and where I'm doing something. If I'm out in the mall, I have no issues to run into the local golden arches (or any other fast "food" establishment) for a bite. But if I"m at home working on music or so I just feel my body has to shut up and deal with the fact that I don't have time for it right now

StormCrow

I eat to live, not live to eat.

I usually watch ome documentary while eating, so I learn more stuff