brokenOne

Eating a chore.

Eustace

Although with me it's vegetarian based ie has it been cooked with/ come in contact with meat etc - eg chips from fish and chip shops would be ruled out on that basis.

Anyone else an ingredients reader?

I'm a vegetarian myself, well, vegan bar the occasional cup of hot milk at night to help me sleep, but when I think about drinking milk, I can't do so without feeling slightly ... bad I suppose.

I read ingredients of absolutely everything, whether it would be food, toiletries, liquids ... I do so for two reasons, simple curiosity, and security of knowledge.

Eustace.

Gin

I eat to live, not live to eat.

I usually watch ome documentary while eating, so I learn more stuff

I do the same

Gin

UPDATE - so my grandmother just had a heart attack / a blood cloth in her lung/ pneumonia

I have seen this as an incentive to become even more obsessive with my diet than I already am, I guess that means taking fish and shell food off the menu.  She survived this but I am seeing this as only because she doesn't eat much meat or dairy to begin with. So far my family has been plagued by cancer, diabetes, heart attacks and amputations, and nobody is fat, so I see this as an encouragement to be watching what i put into my body

furoshiki

I have a friend who has recently been diagnosed with a dangerous clot and he was told it was 'luck of the draw' by his doctor although I don't consider him to have a particularly healthy lifestyle.

Re additives etc - supermarket 'value' foods have much less rubbish in them than the so called quality products - an example of British food irony? Lol.