Ben

MILK!!!

Megsmum

My daughter LOVES milk. It is her drink of choice. It has to be cold from the fridge though. She doesn't really like milkshake though. I buy so many pints of milk each week I think it would be cheaper to keep a cow in the back garden! :D

iggy
I absolutely detest the stuff!!!  If I have too much on cereal... like if it doesn't soak in... I have to drain the milk off :(

Oh right... Not just drinking milk on its own, I forgot about that! I hate cereal swimming in milk. It just makes the milk taste funny and the cereal looses all structure until you have a sludgy grossness. It's one of the reasons I rarely eat breakfast.

Sofi
I absolutely detest the stuff!!!  If I have too much on cereal... like if it doesn't soak in... I have to drain the milk off :(

My mum doesn't intake any milk! It made her ill once and she's never, ever had it since. We just buy it for me to drink and my brother has a little. I don't like too much milk in my cereal either, I can't stand soggy cereal, despite how much I love milk. I just put a tiny amount in! 

I know some people just can't like the taste of milk.

~~~

I used to buy lots of UHT long life full milk which tasted lovely and almost nicer than fresh milk... It tasted more sugary but really nice with cereal! 

Also, what is that thing in the supermarket that says "Soya milk sweetened with apple juice" - how would that taste?! 

mary
Oh right... Not just drinking milk on its own, I forgot about that! I hate cereal swimming in milk. It just makes the milk taste funny and the cereal looses all structure until you have a sludgy grossness. It's one of the reasons I rarely eat breakfast.

I'm pretty good at getting just the right amount to soak the cereal before it gets that way.  I sometimes make myself porridge... with water... and then people will say, 'oh why don't you put milk on it?'... why would I want to ruin it!?!

mary
My mum doesn't intake any milk! It made her ill once and she's never, ever had it since. We just buy it for me to drink and my brother has a little. I don't like too much milk in my cereal either, I can't stand soggy cereal, despite how much I love milk. I just put a tiny amount in! 

I know some people just can't like the taste of milk.

~~~

I used to buy lots of UHT long life full milk which tasted lovely and almost nicer than fresh milk... It tasted more sugary but really nice with cereal! 

Also, what is that thing in the supermarket that says "Soya milk sweetened with apple juice" - how would that taste?! 

Oh I can understand why your mum wouldn't like if it made her ill... I've never liked the taste, as long as I can remember.  My mum tells me that when I was a baby I wouldn't drink milk or formula after a certain age either, and would only drink water.  If i have too much dairy of any kind, like cream, milk, cheese, I end up feeling really sick or getting a sore throat.  Given that it's important for us to have some I make sure I have a little milk and cheese, but really do have to watch it as I don't want to feel sick from eating / drinking something :/

Sofi
Oh I can understand why your mum wouldn't like if it made her ill... I've never liked the taste, as long as I can remember.  My mum tells me that when I was a baby I wouldn't drink milk or formula after a certain age either, and would only drink water.  If i have too much dairy of any kind, like cream, milk, cheese, I end up feeling really sick or getting a sore throat.  Given that it's important for us to have some I make sure I have a little milk and cheese, but really do have to watch it as I don't want to feel sick from eating / drinking something :/

Yes, I was going to ask that about formula milk as a baby/infant, if the dislike was even then! 

Some people are more sensitive to dairy, like you say. I feel like I eat loads of dairy, probably too much, because I love cheese too and eat loads of it, and fromage frais (but not yogurt!) 

Megsmum

I think I was put off milk as a child at school when we were given little bottles of it every day (I'm showing my age now!). The milk was always warm and made me feel ill :( . I mostly have it now in tea and coffee but sometimes have it on cereal but not often. My daughter drowns her weetabix with cereal and sugar but eats it really quickly before it goes soggy. She never eats two weetabix in the same bowl, always one at a time and never any other cereal always weetabix!

Nesf
Let me talk to her. 

Anyway yeah Cravendale is a nice one. It's got a clean taste. The supermarket brands taste a tad sugary to me. I like Lactofree's Whole milk. That's very nice too. 

We get Cravendale too  :) 

I don't like to drink it neat but I drink it when it's in coffee or with cocoa or cereal. i have some unhappy memories of milk as in the 70s in primary school the government provided milk free to the schools, anyone remember this? And it tasted disgusting, they left it out in the sun to get luke warm and made us drink it whether we liked it or not, and I hated it.