Ben

MILK!!!

Smithy The Wizard
The Yogscast! Are you a fan of them too, Arthur?  :D

I am! :)

Sofi
We get Cravendale too  :)

I don't like to drink it neat but I drink it when it's in coffee or with cocoa or cereal. i have some unhappy memories of milk as in the 70s in primary school the government provided milk free to the schools, anyone remember this? And it tasted disgusting, they left it out in the sun to get luke warm and made us drink it whether we liked it or not, and I hated it.

Well, I'm only 23, but we used to get little bottles of Grahams milk provided at school and we could choose green or blue. I don't know if this was free, or not. My brother gets free milk provided at school, I don't know what brand. I think Wiseman though. I think some families' have to pay for it..like higher earners or something. 

mary
Yes, I was going to ask that about formula milk as a baby/infant, if the dislike was even then! 

Some people are more sensitive to dairy, like you say. I feel like I eat loads of dairy, probably too much, because I love cheese too and eat loads of it, and fromage frais (but not yogurt!) 

Yeah, no even as a baby I didn't drink so much of it and eventually my mum used to just give me bottles / cups of water.

I do eat yoghurt, but I don't particularly like that either... some of the flavours help a little though.  I used to find that drinking flavoured milk made it more palatablle, like chocolate or spearmint, but I've not found one I like here sadly :(

Warm milk is even more detestable than cold milk!!!

Sofi
Yeah, no even as a baby I didn't drink so much of it and eventually my mum used to just give me bottles / cups of water.

I do eat yoghurt, but I don't particularly like that either... some of the flavours help a little though.  I used to find that drinking flavoured milk made it more palatablle, like chocolate or spearmint, but I've not found one I like here sadly :(

Warm milk is even more detestable than cold milk!!!

Spearmint milk?!? Spearmint milk?! Was this an Australian 'thing'? I love chocolate milk, but I don't like the Nesquik powder, I  can never make it correctly anyway! 

Ugh - yeah, warm milk is horrible. I wouldn't drink that. It has to be very cold for me! I used to drink warm formula milk from a babies' bottle a lot older than recommened! I had it at school, even! I guess that was just part of my late development. All these things lasted longer for me! 

mary
Spearmint milk?!? Spearmint milk?! Was this an Australian 'thing'? I love chocolate milk, but I don't like the Nesquik powder, I  can never make it correctly anyway! 

Ugh - yeah, warm milk is horrible. I wouldn't drink that. It has to be very cold for me! I used to drink warm formula milk from a babies' bottle a lot older than recommened! I had it at school, even! I guess that was just part of my late development. All these things lasted longer for me! 

It most definitely was an Australian thing and it was lovely... well as lovely as milk could be.  I forgot it was milk when drinking that to be honest, although if I drank more than just a little I'd still get the sore throat and sick feeling :(  We used to get little cartons, I don't know how much was in it, but you could get spearmint, choc milk, iced coffee, strawberry or banana milk and in the summers the schools would freeze them up for us, and we'd eat them with a spoon :)  That was nice :)

Interesting that babies seem to like warm milk, but I guess that it's normal seeing as if they are breastfed it's not like they'd get 'chilled' milk is it!!  I know people that like warm milk now though, but not warm as in sat in the sun, warm as in warmed on the hob or microwave.  I guess if you liked it there wasn't much harm in you having it though right!?

Sofi
It most definitely was an Australian thing and it was lovely... well as lovely as milk could be.  I forgot it was milk when drinking that to be honest, although if I drank more than just a little I'd still get the sore throat and sick feeling :(  We used to get little cartons, I don't know how much was in it, but you could get spearmint, choc milk, iced coffee, strawberry or banana milk and in the summers the schools would freeze them up for us, and we'd eat them with a spoon :)  That was nice :)

Interesting that babies seem to like warm milk, but I guess that it's normal seeing as if they are breastfed it's not like they'd get 'chilled' milk is it!!  I know people that like warm milk now though, but not warm as in sat in the sun, warm as in warmed on the hob or microwave.  I guess if you liked it there wasn't much harm in you having it though right!?

That sounds nice to be honest... I think we've frozen flavoured milk too into lollipop holders and just ate them like an ice lolly in summer! Same with homemade fruit smoothies too, freeze them into ice lollies  :D

I guess babies do like warm milk, because that is what's natural? Yeah, I know some people like warm milk. I used to drink warm milk in a mug when I was younger, like teenager age, but I went off it! 

I think with the bottle of milk for me, it was okay because that was the least of my mum's worries about me and my suspected autism. And, I think it was one of the few things that calmed me down. So, it was sort of like a 'pick your battles' type of situation. Obviously, they dealt with it in the end! 

Khasper

I love Milk, but it doesn't like me.

I do have ice cream and Milkshakes but if I have too much at one time I start to not feel well.

I love having a lot of Milk on cereal though and depending on the type of cerial it has to be a little bit soggy, I don't like crunchy food.

I don't think that I ahve tried Spearmint Milk, but I do like Strawberry and Chocolate milk, as long as it is not too much chocolate.

Nesf
Well, I'm only 23, but we used to get little bottles of Grahams milk provided at school and we could choose green or blue. I don't know if this was free, or not. My brother gets free milk provided at school, I don't know what brand. I think Wiseman though. I think some families' have to pay for it..like higher earners or something. 

What's the difference between blue and green?

It's true that milk calms you down. I have cocoa with milk in it in the evening and it helps me to get to sleep :)

Sofi
What's the difference between blue and green?

It's true that milk calms you down. I have cocoa with milk in it in the evening and it helps me to get to sleep :)

Blue, being the full fat whole milk and green, the semi-skimmed one, less fat. I only like the full fat one  :D

I like cocoa too, I can never make it correctly myself though! 

Megsmum

My daughter is going on a school trip to Paris in May. I hope she is able to get her daily milk fix, especially at bedtime! I hate to think what might happen if she doesn't. :(