Annaflower

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Annaflower

It is so easy to focus on what goes wrong in our lives, so I thought I would start a thread for people to show off the things that have gone right! Those little victories that make you smile need to be celebrated and noted down, so you can remember them when everything seems to be falling apart.

I'll go first:

Anyone who has seen me will know they I am severely obese. I'm talking over 300 lb! Well today I went Nordic walking properly for the first time (I have only been for a short taster session before) and I managed a whole hour! I got totally out of breath, red in the face and sweaty (yuck!) but I feel really good that I did it and stuck it out for the whole session! So good that I'm going again on Monday!

Ok, now it's your turn! It doesn't matter how small an achievement is, if it makes you feel proud share it here! :Sparky::Chuckles: :junior: :Koby:

Willow

Wow, well done Annaflower, that's such an achievement! :D

I haven't done anything that good so far, but I did sort the rubbish out ready for Chris to take to the bins, and I got ready before lunchtime, which doesn't normally happen at the weekend :D

Nesf

Err.. I haven't done anything yet, but plan to do some housework later on in the day... that really will be an achievement, because I hate doing it and it's one of those things I keep finding excuses not to do.

Annaflower
Wow, well done Annaflower, that's such an achievement! :D

I haven't done anything that good so far, but I did sort the rubbish out ready for Chris to take to the bins, and I got ready before lunchtime, which doesn't normally happen at the weekend :D

Thanks!

Well done for getting ready earlier that normal! I have the same problem, if I don't have somewhere to go, I sometimes will spend all day in my pjs! I can never be bothered to get washed and dressed when there is nowhere I need to be, but then I feel dirty, lazy and guilty afterwards.

Annaflower
Err.. I haven't done anything yet, but plan to do some housework later on in the day... that really will be an achievement, because I hate doing it and it's one of those things I keep finding excuses not to do.
good for you! It's good to have a plan for the day and to stick to it :-)

Sofi

Well, you have posted this on a good day for me! Usually, I have no achievements in a day, but today might be different.

I answered the door (I rarely do this!) to get an important parcel and I had to sign something and I think I actually spoke to the man too, I just said "Thanks." I think.

Then, with this parcel, I was able to fix my laptop by myself, which I really thought I wouldn't be able to do on my own and I was panicking that I'd get upset about not being able to do it! But, it looks as if I've done it  :D  :D  :D  

All that and it's only 2pm! (Still not dressed or anything though  :P ) 

iggy

Well, I've summoned up the courage to rescue my laundry basket from wherever it was and pick up all my clothes from my bedroom floor. It's still a complete tip and not at all how I want it but I can see my rug now, which is always nice. I'm going to change my bed as soon as the cat wakes up as well, (I can't move her though :/) I've laid out new sheets and stuff ready.

Sofi
Well, I've summoned up the courage to rescue my laundry basket from wherever it was and pick up all my clothes from my bedroom floor. It's still a complete tip and not at all how I want it but I can see my rug now, which is always nice. I'm going to change my bed as soon as the cat wakes up as well, (I can't move her though :/) I've laid out new sheets and stuff ready.

Well done, and good luck with changing your bed - I hate that task and I always put it off for ages! I also often have lots of clothes lying on my floor for a long time, until I finally find the motivation to pick them all up and tidy up! It's good once you've done it though! 

Ben

I found that if I put a bit of loo roll in the toilet, It works as a silencer. I can go now about my business, without any noise. As you said, any achievement no matter how small... 

Alex
I found that if I put a bit of loo roll in the toilet, It works as a silencer. I can go now about my business, without any noise. As you said, any achievement no matter how small... 

Yeah - I always use that strategy. It's one of the most important things my grandfather taught me before he died.