Annaflower

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Alex
Sounds too complicated. Reminds me of when I top shelved my fathers toilet, and I was in there 2 hours mopping up....... Ok Alex, I think we have officially crapped on this topic. (No pun intended) 

Oh god.. Must have been a horrible situation to be in!...Yes - This topic has taken a turn down a very shitty road (pun intended)...

Alex
This was mean to be a feel good thread Ben :(

Sorry Willow...  :(

Ben
This was mean to be a feel good thread Ben :(

Lol if I keep going people are going to think I'm being serious.... I am joking by the way, just in case anyone is wondering....... 

Alex, how did this happen? Hahaha!!

Alex
Lol if I keep going people are going to think I'm being serious.... I am joking by the way, just in case anyone is wondering....... 

Alex, how did this happen? Hahaha!!

I don't know Ben! God, we are so nasty!..

Guys..Tsk!

Ben
I don't know Ben! God, we are so nasty!..

Guys..Tsk!

You probably shouldn't hang around with me, I'm not exactly a good example Lol. 

Alex
You probably shouldn't hang around with me, I'm not exactly a good example Lol. 

Lol maybe not :P

By the way everyone, I was only kidding about all of that nasty stuff. I haven't used any of those methods - Except the first one, I use that regularly...

mary

Haha... I had to laugh as, as soon as I read the topic it reminded me of the woman on Miranda... her friend, who sings that with a cardboard Heather Small face all the time :/

You boys... I thought you guys were referring to when you are peeing!

That's great Annaflower... are you going to do this again?  It sounds like you enjoyed yourself?

Well done Sofi on fixing your laptop yourself... that's awesome!  What was wrong with it?

I don't know if I've done anything to be proud of today but I have done a fair bit of 'stuff'.  Lottie and I went walking this morning after we'd all had breakfast, then me, mum, bro and Jack went out to town and had some lunch and did some shopping / put my prescription in, ended up seeing my cousin and his daughter while we were out, then we came home and I helped Jack with his lego Chima things (argh!) and then I went back out to get a refund on some stuff for Lottie that didn't fit (car harness and stuff).

I guess I'm just used to doing stuff though so don't think it's any great big deal to do it.  On Wednesday I will be having some more surgery while I'm awake, so if I get through that I'll probably feel pretty happy with myself though.

Ben

Ok, on a serious note now. 

This wasn't today, but it was my proudest achievement in the last 5 or so years. Last year my nan died, and it really hit my family for 6. She was the backbone of the family, no question about it. So the funeral came, and everyone was too shaken up to want to do anything. So I took it upon myself, to carry the coffin with the undertakers, (strangest thing I have ever done), and the very intimidating task of doing a reading. 

I went up, and stood in front of my whole family, who were all sobbing their hearts out, and my mother (Who was my nan's daughter) was on the front row literally inches from me. I somehow kept my nerve, and went through this reasonably long poem. I didn't shed a tear, and my voice didn't crack, and I managed to do it. 

I'm the youngest in my family, and have always been the one who was looked after, so it was nice to be the one carrying my family though that tough time. I won't ever forget it. 

The weird thing is, when I was carrying that coffin, I think that's the closest I've ever been to my nan. I've always been very hostile, and never let close family members hug me. 

Anyway, I hope I did my nan proud that day. It was a huge responsibility to face up too, and I was terrified of screwing it up, but I got through, and made myself proud. 

(Although pride is a sin) 

Alex
Ok, on a serious note now. 

This wasn't today, but it was my proudest achievement in the last 5 or so years. Last year my nan died, and it really hit my family for 6. She was the backbone of the family, no question about it. So the funeral came, and everyone was too shaken up to want to do anything. So I took it upon myself, to carry the coffin with the undertakers, (strangest thing I have ever done), and the very intimidating task of doing a reading. 

I went up, and stood in front of my whole family, who were all sobbing their hearts out, and my mother (Who was my nan's daughter) was on the front row literally inches from me. I somehow kept my nerve, and went through this reasonably long poem. I didn't shed a tear, and my voice didn't crack, and I managed to do it. 

I'm the youngest in my family, and have always been the one who was looked after, so it was nice to be the one carrying my family though that tough time. I won't ever forget it. 

The weird thing is, when I was carrying that coffin, I think that's the closest I've ever been to my nan. I've always been very hostile, and never let close family members hug me. 

Anyway, I hope I did my nan proud that day. It was a huge responsibility to face up too, and I was terrified of screwing it up, but I got through, and made myself proud. 

(Although pride is a sin) 

That's a great achievement. I can see why you would be proud of that!

This reminds me of last year when my grandfather passed away. I was carrying the coffin with a few family members. It was a strange experience. Well, the whole ceremony was strange, but for some reason I didn't shed a single tear during the ceremony. I think that was mainly because I had cried a lot right when I got the message that he had died. So I sort of felt like I was done crying.

What do you mean, pride is a sin? Is this stated in the bible or something? I am not religious myself, so I wouldn't know.

Heather

This is a good thread, congratulations on your achievements. It came at a good time for me today as I started feeling sort of blue lol :P

i did however manage to pick up the cardboard, rubbish and tidy my room a bit today though.