Annaflower

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Ben
That's a great achievement. I can see why you would be proud of that!

This reminds me of last year when my grandfather passed away. I was carrying the coffin with a few family members. It was a strange experience. Well, the whole ceremony was strange, but for some reason I didn't shed a single tear during the ceremony. I think that was mainly because I had cried a lot right when I got the message that he had died. So I sort of felt like I was done crying.

What do you mean, pride is a sin? Is this stated in the bible or something? I am not religious myself, so I wouldn't know.

Yeah to be proud is a sin. We're meant to be humble, and give all credit to God. But it's kinda hard as humans to do that, and not many people can accept it. 

I never grieved for my nan. I was still numb after my break up, and I wasn't really feeling much. So when I got woken up at 2 in the morning by my mother calling me from the hospital, and her sobbing down the phone to me I just felt very dead, and numb inside. First thing I did was play my nan's answering machine tapes, from literally days ago. 

Then my mum came back, with my sister, and both of them were crying like I have never seen. I just sat staring into space. It was a strange feeling. I was saying all this wise stuff (I can't remember what I said) But it gave my family comfort. 

But no, I haven't cried for my nan yet. And it's a year since she passed on the 19th. 

Dragon Spirit

the thing that has probably made me feel proud today was i drew my first inked drawing and it actually looked almost perfect!!!!

and i dont really care if being proud is a sin i think that ther is nothing wrong with feeling good about somthing you have done !(unless of course its a bad thing)

Alex
the thing that has probably made me feel proud today was i drew my first inked drawing and it actually looked almost perfect!!!!

and i dont really care if being proud is a sin i think that ther is nothing wrong with feeling good about somthing you have done !(unless of course its a bad thing)

That's great!

No, there's nothing wrong in feeling good about something you've done, and I don't believe pride is a sin, unless you are proud of doing something wrong. I agree :)

But of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

Sofi

Today, I had a shower and washed my hair and then I went out to a restaurant, successfully. This is a really  big thing for me, because I usually struggle with having a shower and I often feel unable to go out after the shower because it's a bit overwhelming. Lately, I have been getting a tiny bit better with handling showers. I've found it easier to have a couple of showers without washing my hair, then it makes me think of the shower experience as a little less stressful! I feel proud of that. 

I was also able to order a drink in a separate place and pay for some sweets and my milk in another shop. This is also a big thing for me. Sorry if it seems like these things are tiny but for me, I feel it's huge things. 

I like it when my friends notice improvements in me too. I think it is due to this forum, which has helped me so much. Even just the incentive of being able to come back to the forum to say my achievements, makes me want to achieve more. 

iggy

Today, I had a shower and washed my hair and then I went out to a restaurant, successfully. This is a really  big thing for me, because I usually struggle with having a shower and I often feel unable to go out after the shower because it's a bit overwhelming. Lately, I have been getting a tiny bit better with handling showers. I've found it easier to have a couple of showers without washing my hair, then it makes me think of the shower experience as a little less stressful! I feel proud of that. 

I was also able to order a drink in a separate place and pay for some sweets and my milk in another shop. This is also a big thing for me. Sorry if it seems like these things are tiny but for me, I feel it's huge things. 

I like it when my friends notice improvements in me too. I think it is due to this forum, which has helped me so much. Even just the incentive of being able to come back to the forum to say my achievements, makes me want to achieve more. 

That's awesome sofi! Everyone knows they are big achievements, not just for you but for many of us here :) I'm glad it all went well for you today.

Annaflower

Thats fantastic Sofi! You shouldn't play down your achievements. If someone finds something hard to do and manages to do it then it should be celebrated no matter what it is! I'm so glad you have found a way to make showers less stressful, especially as it is something you have to do regularly as it will have a positive effect on your daily life.

I have been reading some of the older topics lately and can see how people have become more chatty and comfortable here over time. It's great that your friends are noticing this away from the forum too :Sparky:

Willow

This is so great Sofi :D You did really well, and like everyone has said, we all know how big these things really are, for you and probably for some of us too, so well done! :D

iggy

Good day today!

1.) Became an asperclicker (got to say I didn't realise I was anywhere near 500 posts until I looked at my profile and it was exactly 500)

2.)I opened the door and accepted a new sofa for my parents, which I was really nervous about because they had to unpack it and things too. Plus they said they'd be here between 10-12 and turned up at 1:30. Even if I did spend 20 minutes looking out of upstairs windows trying to see then coming up the road for some warning!

Sofi
Good day today!

1.) Became an asperclicker (got to say I didn't realise I was anywhere near 500 posts until I looked at my profile and it was exactly 500)

2.)I opened the door and accepted a new sofa for my parents, which I was really nervous about because they had to unpack it and things too. Plus they said they'd be here between 10-12 and turned up at 1:30. Even if I did spend 20 minutes looking out of upstairs windows trying to see then coming up the road for some warning!

Wow, well done  :D  I would be really, really nervous about the sofa delivery too! It's annoying they were so late as well! You did well! I have answered to the door to two packages recently too, it's still awkward but I guess it gets easier!

Congratulations on becoming an Asperclicker, like I already said  :P I am glad you are on the forum. 

Nesf

That's great Sofi!  I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable with taking them and I'm sure it'll get easier in the future. Certainly it's easier when you don't wash your hair, and you don't need to wash it every time you take a shower.

Good day today!

I think I'm getting near the 500 mark to, might make it next week! It really annoys me when people don't give you a time they're coming and have you hanging around waiting - it drives me mad!

i haven't done much today really, but I successfully negotiated a payment - I get really anxious and intimidated when I have to ask people for money, even when I'm owed it - it's something I feel really awkward with and have even been known to go without rather than ask for it. Also I'm not very good at negotiating and find it stressful.