Spiderman0_2

Childhood TV memories

Spiderman0_2

Since the chat thread has got some posts of childhood TV programmes I thought I would start this thread about what we used watch as children.

I am old enough to remember both ITV and BBC having schools programmes on in the mornings, than at about 12 it would become some a little less education (like button moon and rainbow!)

:)

Here is the intro to Jamie and the Magic torch :D

http://youtu.be/XMNG2LtF41o

I also remember all those information films that they used to play, usually the 'Charlie says' type thing

http://youtu.be/oDu7yYHxZr0

:D

HalfFull

I remember all of those. The boy in Charley Says terrified the living daylights out of me when I was little.

One I can still remember from when I was just 6 was 'Stepping Stones' with Beryl Reid and Stephen Boxer and some of the theme tune.

I'll be staying here for hours trying to remember them all so I'll just stick to the next few that spring to mind for now.

Bagpuss, TheGetalongGang, Stop Look and Listen, Playaway, Gem.

iggy

Hmmm..... Well, I've already mentioned 1 or 2, but arthur (still on sometimes!) was a good one because I used to watch it when I got home from school for years until they changed the time!

Also, I'm from the stop look listen hedgehogs generation, see here:

Alex

I used to love this one as a child

*Edit: Found a better vid

Sofi

Okay, I am in a completely different generation to these above! I was born at the end of 1989 so, most of the kids TV programmes I watched were from the 90s. 

Early programmes I used to love were Tots TV - I remember getting the magazine every week and scribbling all over it! I think it was probably an obsession :P 

Playdays, Thomas and Friends, Fireman Sam, Tom & Jerry, Art Attack...

At older ages, I remember programmes like Kenan & Kel, Sister Sister, Saved by the Bell. I used to watch Nickelodeon channel a lot! 

Arthur - it's still on CBBC most week days  :P I kind of think of something different when I hear the name Arthur now though! 

I remember that hedgehog road safety campaign too, even although I'm terrified of real hedgehogs! 

spiderwoman0_2

I used to watch, Why Don't You, Noel Edmonds Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, Tiswas, How, Pipkins, Battle of the Planets, Logans Run, Parsley the Lion, Rupert the Bear, Magic Roundabout, Willow the Wisp, Blue Peter and most likely loads more.

Willow
Hmmm..... Well, I've already mentioned 1 or 2, but arthur (still on sometimes!) was a good one because I used to watch it when I got home from school for years until they changed the time!

I used to love this one as a child

*Edit: Found a better vid

Okay, I am in a completely different generation to these above! I was born at the end of 1989 so, most of the kids TV programmes I watched were from the 90s. 

Early programmes I used to love were Tots TV - I remember getting the magazine every week and scribbling all over it! I think it was probably an obsession :P

At older ages, I remember programmes like Kenan & Kel, Sister Sister, Saved by the Bell. I used to watch Nickelodeon channel a lot! 

Arthur - it's still on CBBC most week days  :P I kind of think of something different when I hear the name Arthur now though! 

I remember that hedgehog road safety campaign too, even although I'm terrified of real hedgehogs! 

Yes to all of the above! :D

Nesf

My favourite programme wasn't for kids at all, it was Tomorrow's World.

Apart from that, I watched Dr Who, Monty Python's Flying Circus,The Muppet Show, The Wombles, The Magic Roundabout, John Craven's Newsround, Grange Hill, Star Trek, Last of the Summer Wine, Poldark, Black Adder,  Fawlty Towers.  :)  I'm ashamed to say I watched Jim'll Fix It :(

Heather

I really enjoyed the show Arthur too! 

I remember watching Tom & Jerry and Art Attack and Thomas and Friends though the Thomas and Friends wasn't on much so we didn't watch it much but I know my boyfriend had an obsession with it when he was a kid!! :D

I never watched it but my boyfriend got the "Postman Pat" song stuck in my head.  And when we were together and walking home from the allotment one day, I was really tired and not feeling well and he was singing it and made me sing it too, softly, so it helped distract me from not feeling well so I could make it back home.

When I was really young I remember watching Barney the dinosaur, occasionally Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup, The Flintstones, The Big Comfy Couch (later on my younger sister watched it when we were a bit old for the show and I'd watch it with her), I watched Teletubbies when I was too old for it because it wasn't on when I was the appropriate age and I thought it was cute. :D  Later on I watched Recess, and of course there was some "The Simpsons".  And how could I forget? I used to love watching "Little House on the Prairie" but we didn't get the channel after awhile so it was what we'd watch when we'd go visit my grandparents and stay at a hotel and they had the channel that played it. :D  There might be other shows I used to watch too.

Sofi
I really enjoyed the show Arthur too! 

I remember watching Tom & Jerry and Art Attack and Thomas and Friends though the Thomas and Friends wasn't on much so we didn't watch it much but I know my boyfriend had an obsession with it when he was a kid!! :D

I never watched it but my boyfriend got the "Postman Pat" song stuck in my head.  And when we were together and walking home from the allotment one day, I was really tired and not feeling well and he was singing it and made me sing it too, softly, so it helped distract me from not feeling well so I could make it back home.

When I was really young I remember watching Barney the dinosaur, occasionally Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup, The Flintstones, The Big Comfy Couch (later on my younger sister watched it when we were a bit old for the show and I'd watch it with her), I watched Teletubbies when I was too old for it because it wasn't on when I was the appropriate age and I thought it was cute. :D  Later on I watched Recess, and of course there was some "The Simpsons".  And how could I forget? I used to love watching "Little House on the Prairie" but we didn't get the channel after awhile so it was what we'd watch when we'd go visit my grandparents and stay at a hotel and they had the channel that played it. :D  There might be other shows I used to watch too.

I watched the Teletubbies when I was too old for it as well, because it wasn't out when I was young enough. I genuinely enjoyed it though. Sometimes, I feel as though kiddies programmes are more at my level than others. So much easier to follow, since I am terrible at following most story lines for 'adults'. I still watch programmes for infants  :P