Spiderman0_2

Childhood TV memories

Heather
I watched the Teletubbies when I was too old for it as well, because it wasn't out when I was young enough. I genuinely enjoyed it though. Sometimes, I feel as though kiddies programmes are more at my level than others. So much easier to follow, since I am terrible at following most story lines for 'adults'. I still watch programmes for infants  :P

Hehe I feel so much better now! :D  I thought they were so cute. 

spiderwoman0_2
My favourite programme wasn't for kids at all, it was Tomorrow's World.

Apart from that, I watched Dr Who, Monty Python's Flying Circus,The Muppet Show, The Wombles, The Magic Roundabout, John Craven's Newsround, Grange Hill, Star Trek, Last of the Summer Wine, Poldark, Black Adder,  Fawlty Towers.  :)  I'm ashamed to say I watched Jim'll Fix It :(

Snap lol

Sofi

I love Fawlty Towers!  :D

mary

We used to get a lot of UK shows when we were younger... we only had 4 channels but one of them was pretty much all UK shows.  We then got 5 channels, but one of them was an international channel... at least I think that's how many we had.

I used to love (ok! ok!!) Monkey when I was younger... the one where he rides a cloud...  I watched it again when I was older and kind of worried about myself.  But I remember coming home and trying to watch that after school!

I can't remember much else actually... although I know we used to watch The Bill!

I never got to watch Neighbours or Home & Away when I was younger... I watch it now though! ;)

Megsmum

So many to choose from, not just from my childhood but my kids too!

Animal Magic, Pipkins, Mary Mungo and Midge, Mr Ben, Rainbow, Why Dont You, Cockleshell Bay, Captain Pugwash, Willow the Whisp, Bagpuss, Bod, Trumpton, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Grange Hill, Swap Shop, Morph and Mindy, Rhubarb and Custard, Button Moon, Hong Kong Phooey, Dangermouse, Batfink........ Did I ever leave the house????????????????

Barney, Tweenies, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Tracey Beaker, Bodger and Badger, Teletubbies, Bear in the Big Blue House, The Hoobs, Pingu......

There was another one I used to watch in the mornings with my girls but I cant remember what is was called. It was about a little yellow round robot/alien with springy type legs. I think its name was possibly odie/odey or obie/obey (probably american, on channel 4 or 5). Does anyone remember this, its really bugging me now!!!!

iggy
I really enjoyed the show Arthur too! 

I remember watching Tom & Jerry and Art Attack and Thomas and Friends though the Thomas and Friends wasn't on much so we didn't watch it much but I know my boyfriend had an obsession with it when he was a kid!! :D

I never watched it but my boyfriend got the "Postman Pat" song stuck in my head.  And when we were together and walking home from the allotment one day, I was really tired and not feeling well and he was singing it and made me sing it too, softly, so it helped distract me from not feeling well so I could make it back home.

When I was really young I remember watching Barney the dinosaur, occasionally Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup, The Flintstones, The Big Comfy Couch (later on my younger sister watched it when we were a bit old for the show and I'd watch it with her), I watched Teletubbies when I was too old for it because it wasn't on when I was the appropriate age and I thought it was cute. :D  Later on I watched Recess, and of course there was some "The Simpsons".  And how could I forget? I used to love watching "Little House on the Prairie" but we didn't get the channel after awhile so it was what we'd watch when we'd go visit my grandparents and stay at a hotel and they had the channel that played it. :D  There might be other shows I used to watch too.

I used to love art attack, even though I never tried any of the things he did. It's better than SMART, my observant sister pointed out they regularly traced their things!

I also adored barney the purple dinosaur! When I was little we went to a show with barney there, and it was about the seasons. In autumn the leaves fell from the ceiling and we took some home :D we used to watch the Simpsons a lot, but there just aren't any which are new anymore it seems like. Also I was a fan of noonoo from the teletubbies.

HalfFull
Also, I'm from the stop look listen hedgehogs generation, see here:

Just so people know the Stop, Look and Listen I'm refering to was a schools programme (I think) and not an advertising campaign. It was on around 30 years ago and possibly had Sally James on it. I'll try to find out.

HalfFull

I've just highlighted the ones that I remember watching. In fact one of the girls that I remembered from the Liverpool WDY gang is now the mum of a teenager on Hollyoaks which makes me feel a thousand years old as she was definetly younger than me. I vaguely remember the Magic Roundabout but was probably at Nursery school. I seem to remember seeing John Cravens Newsround being on the TV at Nursery school in around 1977.

I used to watch, Why Don't You, Noel Edmonds Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, Tiswas, How, Pipkins, Battle of the Planets, Logans Run, Parsley the Lion, Rupert the Bear, Magic Roundabout, Willow the Wisp, Blue Peter and most likely loads more.

HalfFull

and again

My favourite programme wasn't for kids at all, it was Tomorrow's World.

Apart from that, I watched Dr Who, Monty Python's Flying Circus,The Muppet Show, The Wombles, The Magic Roundabout, John Craven's Newsround, Grange Hill, Star Trek, Last of the Summer Wine, Poldark, Black Adder,  Fawlty Towers:)  I'm ashamed to say I watched Jim'll Fix It :(

Smithy The Wizard

When I was little I watched a cartoon called Rug Rats, I also watched Arthur I think that is all I can remember as far as childhood tv shows go.