Spiderman0_2

Childhood TV memories

Smithy The Wizard
I used to love art attack, even though I never tried any of the things he did. It's better than SMART, my observant sister pointed out they regularly traced their things! I also adored barney the purple dinosaur! When I was little we went to a show with barney there, and it was about the seasons. In autumn the leaves fell from the ceiling and we took some home :D we used to watch the Simpsons a lot, but there just aren't any which are new anymore it seems like. Also I was a fan of noonoo from the teletubbies.

You jogged my memory, yeah I remember Barney and the Teletubbies too. I also liked watching Invader Zim and Sponge Bob and Jimmy Neutron (I was obsessed with it for a while).

Megsmum
There was another one I used to watch in the mornings with my girls but I cant remember what is was called. It was about a little yellow round robot/alien with springy type legs. I think its name was possibly odie/odey or obie/obey (probably american, on channel 4 or 5). Does anyone remember this, its really bugging me now!!!!

I've googled it, it was called Rolie Polie Olie and was made by Disney but also shown on Channel 5. Doesn't anyone else remember it?

Heather
So many to choose from, not just from my childhood but my kids too!

Animal Magic, Pipkins, Mary Mungo and Midge, Mr Ben, Rainbow, Why Dont You, Cockleshell Bay, Captain Pugwash, Willow the Whisp, Bagpuss, Bod, Trumpton, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Grange Hill, Swap Shop, Morph and Mindy, Rhubarb and Custard, Button Moon, Hong Kong Phooey, Dangermouse, Batfink........ Did I ever leave the house????????????????

Barney, Tweenies, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Tracey Beaker, Bodger and Badger, Teletubbies, Bear in the Big Blue House, The Hoobs, Pingu......

There was another one I used to watch in the mornings with my girls but I cant remember what is was called. It was about a little yellow round robot/alien with springy type legs. I think its name was possibly odie/odey or obie/obey (probably american, on channel 4 or 5). Does anyone remember this, its really bugging me now!!!!

Yay you remembered others that I used to watch that I didn't mention like Yogi Bear, Clifford the Big Red Dog, and Pingu (though I only remember it being on our "french channel") :D

I used to love art attack, even though I never tried any of the things he did. It's better than SMART, my observant sister pointed out they regularly traced their things! I also adored barney the purple dinosaur! When I was little we went to a show with barney there, and it was about the seasons. In autumn the leaves fell from the ceiling and we took some home :D we used to watch the Simpsons a lot, but there just aren't any which are new anymore it seems like. Also I was a fan of noonoo from the teletubbies.

Yay!  aww I loved noonoo, that's the vacuum cleaner right? I remember Po was the cutest teletubby cause he was the littlest and had the softest voice. Lala was the most feminine I think though :P

When I was little I watched a cartoon called Rug Rats, I also watched Arthur I think that is all I can remember as far as childhood tv shows go.

Aww Rug Rats. I didn't watch it much but thought it looked cute :D

I've googled it, it was called Rolie Polie Olie and was made by Disney but also shown on Channel 5. Doesn't anyone else remember it?

Aw I remember that show but didn't watch it.

Spiderman0_2
I used to love (ok! ok!!) Monkey when I was younger... the one where he rides a cloud...  I watched it again when I was older and kind of worried about myself.  But I remember coming home and trying to watch that after school!

Oh yes Monkey was great :)

http://youtu.be/K2huJqFsFDE

I think it was on BBC 2 at 6pm on a Friday (or maybe Thursday)

spiderwoman0_2
When I was little I watched a cartoon called Rug Rats, I also watched Arthur I think that is all I can remember as far as childhood tv shows go.

I liked watching Rug Rats and Arthur when my kids were little :D

mary

Just goes to show how different tv was for me as a kid as I don't know half of the names of shows you guys are mentioning!

While we didn't watch a lot of telly I remember my brother and I would sometimes watch cartoons together... stuff on the ABC (where the UK shows were on) we'd watch Danger Mouse, Super Ted and maybe a couple more that I can't remember the names.  Then we'd watch The Snorks, The Flinstones, Tom & Jerry and other stuff that would do the rounds on Australian telly back then.

We LOVED Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven.  That may have been helped along by the fact that my mum was a bit of a fan of Michael Landon stuff so we were allowed to watch that... and The Bill... and documentaries.

Monkey seriously was one of my favourite shows and just watching this...

Oh yes Monkey was great :)

http://youtu.be/K2huJqFsFDE

I think it was on BBC 2 at 6pm on a Friday (or maybe Thursday)

... made me smile!!  Thank you :)  I needed that!

I still don't really watch a lot of television.  I do have it on in the background when I'm doing other stuff though.

Nesf

I used to really like Lassie too!! Did anyone watch that?

iggy

Yes, I did :) loved collies - loved lassie :)

mary

I think I've seen a couple of episodes of that... which when I saw your post it made me think of Skippy (tangents!) and I've never actually seen an episode of that, even though it was Australian.

Heather
Just goes to show how different tv was for me as a kid as I don't know half of the names of shows you guys are mentioning!

While we didn't watch a lot of telly I remember my brother and I would sometimes watch cartoons together... stuff on the ABC (where the UK shows were on) we'd watch Danger Mouse, Super Ted and maybe a couple more that I can't remember the names.  Then we'd watch The Snorks, The Flinstones, Tom & Jerry and other stuff that would do the rounds on Australian telly back then.

We LOVED Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven.  That may have been helped along by the fact that my mum was a bit of a fan of Michael Landon stuff so we were allowed to watch that... and The Bill... and documentaries.

Monkey seriously was one of my favourite shows and just watching this...

... made me smile!!  Thank you :)  I needed that!

I still don't really watch a lot of television.  I do have it on in the background when I'm doing other stuff though.

It made me happy to see someone else mention Little House on the Prairie! So Happy I decided  to look it up on youtube and watch an episode!  So nice for a day like today where I'm just trying to relax and enjoy a day off!

YES! I forgot about that show, it was good! :)