Spiderman0_2

Childhood TV memories

mary
It made me happy to see someone else mention Little House on the Prairie! So Happy I decided  to look it up on youtube and watch an episode!  So nice for a day like today where I'm just trying to relax and enjoy a day off!

Awww haha... we have a freeview box and if we find something that interests us we'll put it on to record the series.  My mum has been taping that lately and been watching them... I tend to get home just as she's half way through an episode and I must admit I do kinda like watching it.

Spiderman0_2

Speaking of little house on the Prairie, does anybody remember watching the Waltons? :)

mary
Speaking of little house on the Prairie, does anybody remember watching the Waltons? :)

Oh don't... my mum has been recording that as well!

HalfFull

When I was very little not only did my grandparents dog look exactly like Lassie but that was also her name, so for most or all of the episodes, as far as I was concerned I was watching a programme about my nana and granddads dog. Both dogs looked the same and had the same name, so why would I think any different? So, I really thought that their dog was having all these adventures many miles away from home. I think their dog may have died before I started to realise that something didn’t add up and discover that it was 2 identical dogs all along which I think I was very confused about and maybe upset or at least disappointed that their dog wasn’t having that much fun :P

Yes, Little House on the Prairie I always remember. I used to come home from Infant school to see a little girl running across a field on her own way home and always looking happy. I was amazed when I found out it was the same actress, Shannon Doherty who played Brenda on Beverly Hills 90210 and later the oldest sister on Bewitched and still looked quite young on that.

In the entire 30 year run of Grange Hill, the year that was the closest to my age ie 1985-1991 had more featured pupils than any other year ever had. At one point that year had about 20 regular characters including among many others, Gonch, Ziggy, Robbie Wright, Trevor Cleaver, Mauler, Ted Fisk, Callie Donnington, Ronnie Birtles, Jane Bishop, Imelda Davies and Helen Kelly.

Also who can forget Tucker, Gripper, Zammo and Ronald Browning. Mrs McCluskey and Mr Baxter (still bearded and tracksuit clad at 70!) were recently on an episode of the Matt Lucas Awards.

I’ve found proof about Stop, Look and Listen

Heres the unforgettable theme tune.

Heres 10 mins of an episode narrated by a young man called Chris Tarrant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grIKidEpoe8&NR=1&feature=endscreen

The first video leads through to other programmes from that era, eg How We Used to Live and the Book Tower.

I loved The Waltons too. Night Oakers. Night Squeeker, etc etc. :D

Heather

Yes, my dad still watches it sometimes when it's on.  I watched it when my dad watched it sometimes.  It was actually the same with Little House on the Prairie I think. My dad likes watching the older shows a lot more.  I watched Little House on the Prairie more though! I also tried reading the books when I was younger but didn't get far. 

Bruce

Hmm. Star Trek, Next Generation, The Invisible Man, Starsky & Hutch, MacGyver, The Lone Ranger....