Ben

What Was You Doing 10 Years Ago?

Heather
Oh, Heather - another thing we have in common then - I used to play Neopets too  :P  I can't remember my username though, I loved it. I remember I met a friend on there who lived in America and she asked me to look after her pets whilst she was away on holiday (vacation)  :P

hehe that is awesome! :P  I think my first username on there was the same as my first email account "babymickey879" hehe though I deleted it and made a bunch others including one "silly_yoshi" and then "hobbit_freak" :P  Don't ask how I remember.  I remember when I first created my account, I had trouble thinking of a name for my first neopet, which was a yellow tuskaninny or whatever it was because I thought it looked most like a gerbil :P , and then I ended up creating two and I felt stressed because it was hard to feed them both because I didn't want them to starve so I ended up giving the one up for adoption.  But then later I got to a point where I realized they didn't die anyways so I focussed on other parts of the game besides feeding them!  I feel so horrible lol :P

mary

Hmm... 10 years ago I was 24 and I went to my first metal festival... Bloodstock for the second day.  I had recently gotten into metal music and had seen Nightwish on their UK tour.  I was still starting out doing my photography, but it was quickly becoming an obsession.  I became Bloodstock's official photographer for a bit, and that was pretty cool.

I was working as a medical secretary for a consultant psychiatrist, and had not long left a job working in the estates department at a high secure mental hospital (had worked in various other areas there).

I was probably traveling quite a bit, because that's what I did back then too :)  I loved flying off to other places and having little holidays, even if they were pretty much me 'working' at my hobby.  I probably felt like I still had some friends back then too... well not probably... I did think!

Ben

I was arrested in 2003 for graffiti. I can't believe that was 10 years ago. I'm getting so old. 

HalfFull

10 years ago is when I first became involved in the Aspie online world and in April 2003, I became the co-manager of a small Aspie website where I met a partner who I was only with for a year but the relationship led to me moving out of my area and getting work with my current employer. I also made a few other friends through that website and a reincarnation site and am still friends with those people. At the time, I was on a government employment scheme called New Deal and did a work placement doing database work for the local volunteer bureau which led to me get a job with a languages firm later that year and after that fell through with my current employer and I became much more confident with people during this time just in time for turning thirty. Oddly enough I'll be turning forty this year. Talk about coincidence :P .

Dragon Spirit

I was to live with my new parents :Sparky:  :Sparky: :Sparky:  :Sparky:  :Sparky:  

Annaflower
I was to live with my new parents :Sparky:  :Sparky: :Sparky:  :Sparky:  :Sparky:  
I should post a pic of you when you were 3!

Annaflower
We were getting you room ready, your dad was taking his driving test and I was working as a rep for that Pharmacy company and travelling all over the south of England trying to do the work of ten people!! I remember driving back from Derby with you and your sister the day you came to live with us! I was so nervous about becoming a mum, but it was the best thing I've ever done! Love you lots x x x

Andy
Could be an interesting topic. 

Well, I was about to become a teenager, and I was a keen skateboarder. I spent a lot of time bunking school, and watching Dirty Sanchez, Jackass, and the Osborunes. 

I had long hair, and I wore the same pair of jeans from mid 2001, until early 2002, and washed them once, and wore them again until winter that year.

I also used to go to bed at 5 am on a weekend night, and had a little box under the bed, of 'special magazines'. 

I was a brat basically, and recently apologised to my old head master, for making his life miserable for all those years. 

Ten years ago I was pretty successful, I was employed and in my company believed to be one of the best of five in the company, I had a reputation for taking anything on as my forte was sitting with something for a while to work it out then fixing it of it's problems. I was also unhappily married and spending as much time as possible keeping a low profile when not at work and believe me I took whatever overtime I could get, not for the money you understand but to keep out of trouble which always came every weekend without fail, I came to expect it and sought to avoid it !

I was also a step father and step grand father to kids I would like to have called my own for where the father wasn't interested I taught those grand children the stuff my father taught me; model planes, model boats, fishing, photography, drawing how to draw what you see, what edible in the wild and how to eat it, the names of trees, plants and birds, I hope I instilled in them a wonderment at what is around beyond the latest electronic gadget.

I have seen birth and seen what was born become interested and bright children excelling at school.

But those times have gone now, I have been a father and a grand father and now approaching middle age, I have done it all and so wonder what else is there left to do and that is part of the malaise I can't seem to get out of.

Matt G

April 2003...not a good time to be me. Second year student at University in London, bouncing between Halls of Residence during the week and my parents' place in the burbs on the weekend. Doing reasonably well socially but crashing and burning academically. Politically things were falling apart with the Iraq war and that was even affecting the Stargate forum I was on at the time. Was starting to go to Stargate conventions which were awesome. Generally though the world just seemed to be going to hell and I was heading into my first major depression.  

Khasper

10 years ago I wasn't doing anything special. I was working at a place called nasdaq, I was waiting the release of a game called Star Wars Galaxies.

I was also looking to sell my condo and buy a house.