Height and dating  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date a shorter man/taller woman?

• Im a man and I would date a taller woman but only 1 or 2 inches taller
    • Im a man and I would date a taller woman but no more than 4 inches taller
    • Im a man and I would date a much taller woman
    • No she has to be my height or shorter
    • Im a woman and I would date a shorter man but only 1 or 2 inches shorter
    • Im a woman and I would date a shorter man but no more than 4 inches shorter
    • Im a woman and I would date a much shorter man
    • No he has to be taller then me.
    • I'm gay
  2. 2. For women, what is your minimum height requirement in a man?

• 5 ft tall
    • 5 ft 1
    • 5 ft 2
    • 5 ft 3
    • 5 ft 4
    • 5 ft 5
    • 5 ft 6
    • 5 ft 7
    • 5 ft 8
    • 5 ft 9
    • 5 ft 10
    • 5 ft 11
    • 6 ft or taller
    • Don't have a height requirement. Would date any man regardless of height.
    • I'm a lesbian
    • I'm a guy
  3. 3. For men, what is the tallest woman you would date?

• 5 ft 3 or shorter
    • 5 ft 4
    • 5 ft 5
    • 5 ft 6
    • 5 ft 7
    • 5 ft 8
    • 5 ft 9
    • 5 ft 10
    • 5 ft 11
    • 6 ft 0
    • 6 ft 1
    • 6 ft 2
    • 6 ft 3
    • 6 ft 4
    • 6 ft 5 or taller
    • Don't have a height requirement. Would date any woman regardless of her height.
    • I'm gay
    • I'm a woman.

BlackxBlade

For men, would you date a taller woman? For woman, would you date a shorter man? 

Generally speaking, woman are more picky when it comes to the height of their partner. If you were to ask 100 guys if they would date a taller woman, around half of them would say yes.  Woman on the other hand usually prefer their man to be taller then they are, this is especially the case if you're a woman of average height or shorter.   

Edited by BlackxBlade

Nedarb

Unfortunately when it comes to dating and dating sites, I find that women are much more shallow (I think that is the word). I have gone through countless profiles where the female has said that she will only respond to a message if the male is tall and muscular. Because we all know that looking like Brad Pitt or Channing Tatum guarantees that you are the best partner! This isn't to say that men don't place a high importance on physical attraction, but I have seen and heard that men will generally be more accepting of a female's looks.

For me personally, I want to date someone who is smart/witty, funny, caring, and confident in herself. It really doesn't matter to me if the female who fits my "requirements" is Bernadette (from Big Bang Theory) or Serena or Venus Williams

ponz

I'm biologically female, and I'd probably feel most comfortable dating a male who's no more than 1 or 2 inches shorter than me, but it's not a very strong preference.

brokenOne

I dont really care if shes taller or shorter than me. Like Nedarb said though women on those sites or just dating in general seem to want the tallest they can get. Its really sad such emphasis is placed on something so superficial and shallow.

null

Doesn't this thread already exist?

BlackxBlade

No that's how tall are you and that's in general discussion. 

null

It asks pretty much the same questions though. Just thought it was a bit odd

Asgardian

It asks pretty much the same questions though. Just thought it was a bit odd

Agreed.

TheWizardofCalculus

Unfortunately when it comes to dating and dating sites, I find that women are much more shallow (I think that is the word). I have gone through countless profiles where the female has said that she will only respond to a message if the male is tall and muscular. Because we all know that looking like Brad Pitt or Channing Tatum guarantees that you are the best partner! This isn't to say that men don't place a high importance on physical attraction, but I have seen and heard that men will generally be more accepting of a female's looks.

For me personally, I want to date someone who is smart/witty, funny, caring, and confident in herself. It really doesn't matter to me if the female who fits my "requirements" is Bernadette (from Big Bang Theory) or Serena or Venus Williams

I wouldn't say women are any less or more superficial than men.  Women place a high importance on certain aspects of looks and social status, and men place a higher emphasis on cup and waist size.  I think it's true that society tends to pretend like women are less concerned with shallow things in a relationship, which is horse piss, but I don't think that they're more shallow than men are.  If you think differently, then I'd recommend looking at statistics for dating websites.  Humans are just shitty.

Nedarb

I wouldn't say women are any less or more superficial than men.  Women place a high importance on certain aspects of looks and social status, and men place a higher emphasis on cup and waist size.  I think it's true that society tends to pretend like women are less concerned with shallow things in a relationship, which is horse piss, but I don't think that they're more shallow than men are.  If you think differently, then I'd recommend looking at statistics for dating websites.  Humans are just shitty.

And how many of those men, who desire a girl with a large breast size and supermodel thin waist, will absolutely refuse to give females who are overweight but small chested a chance? Thats the point I'm trying to make: At least from my experience, males will overlook appearance "faults" as long as the female has a good personality and is intelligent. When was the last time you've seen a female going out with a short and chunky male? Aside from older males, you don't see it. And I'm not even going to go into that!