Height and dating  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date a shorter man/taller woman?

• Im a man and I would date a taller woman but only 1 or 2 inches taller
    • Im a man and I would date a taller woman but no more than 4 inches taller
    • Im a man and I would date a much taller woman
    • No she has to be my height or shorter
    • Im a woman and I would date a shorter man but only 1 or 2 inches shorter
    • Im a woman and I would date a shorter man but no more than 4 inches shorter
    • Im a woman and I would date a much shorter man
    • No he has to be taller then me.
    • I'm gay
  2. 2. For women, what is your minimum height requirement in a man?

• 5 ft tall
    • 5 ft 1
    • 5 ft 2
    • 5 ft 3
    • 5 ft 4
    • 5 ft 5
    • 5 ft 6
    • 5 ft 7
    • 5 ft 8
    • 5 ft 9
    • 5 ft 10
    • 5 ft 11
    • 6 ft or taller
    • Don't have a height requirement. Would date any man regardless of height.
    • I'm a lesbian
    • I'm a guy
  3. 3. For men, what is the tallest woman you would date?

• 5 ft 3 or shorter
    • 5 ft 4
    • 5 ft 5
    • 5 ft 6
    • 5 ft 7
    • 5 ft 8
    • 5 ft 9
    • 5 ft 10
    • 5 ft 11
    • 6 ft 0
    • 6 ft 1
    • 6 ft 2
    • 6 ft 3
    • 6 ft 4
    • 6 ft 5 or taller
    • Don't have a height requirement. Would date any woman regardless of her height.
    • I'm gay
    • I'm a woman.

Asgardian

And how many of those men, who desire a girl with a large breast size and supermodel thin waist, will absolutely refuse to give females who are overweight but small chested a chance? Thats the point I'm trying to make: At least from my experience, males will overlook appearance "faults" as long as the female has a good personality and is intelligent. When was the last time you've seen a female going out with a short and chunky male? Aside from older males, you don't see it. And I'm not even going to go into that!

Honestly?

I think there are a lot of men who won't look twice at a woman who isn't considered extremely attractive. I think society has become rather shallow both ways. Many women look for looks only, but I don't think it can be said that it is only women. Men have become like this as well.

This is not an issue of gender, it is an issue of humans, male or female. I think to aim that accusation at women alone is a little unfair. Plus, it is not every single male or female who feels this way. We should avoid trying to suggest everyone is exactly the same.

null

And how many of those men, who desire a girl with a large breast size and supermodel thin waist, will absolutely refuse to give females who are overweight but small chested a chance? Thats the point I'm trying to make: At least from my experience, males will overlook appearance "faults" as long as the female has a good personality and is intelligent. When was the last time you've seen a female going out with a short and chunky male? Aside from older males, you don't see it. And I'm not even going to go into that!

That's a huge generalisation to make and it's simply not true that all women are like that. I've seen plenty of women with short and chunky men. In fact pretty much every time I go out in town I'm likely to see at least one couple like this. What are you basing these assumptions on?

Nedarb

That's a huge generalisation to make and it's simply not true that all women are like that. I've seen plenty of women with short and chunky men. In fact pretty much every time I go out in town I'm likely to see at least one couple like this. What are you basing these assumptions on?

I'm basing these assumptions on the fact that they are true. At least here in Canada (hence why I said from my experience), and in college or high school or a school environment in general. Maybe attitudes are a little different in the UK and men aren't given the conveyer belt treatment from women, but its pretty terrible to be a "below average" young male in Canada in the dating world. 

Asgardian

I'm basing these assumptions on the fact that they are true. At least here in Canada (hence why I said from my experience), and in college or high school or a school environment in general. Maybe attitudes are a little different in the UK and men aren't given the conveyer belt treatment from women, but its pretty terrible to be a "below average" young male in Canada in the dating world. 

Surely that is only from a certain type of woman? There must be plenty of women who do not see men that way. 

I honestly cannot believe that men considered "below average" are all single and seen as unattractive to women.

null

But they're not true. You're basing that on high school and university, which is entirely different from adult life.

Asgardian

But they're not true. You're basing that on high school and university, which is entirely different from adult life.

Absolutely right, Matt.

School and university is so much different to adult life, I don't think people see relationships in the same way when they are in adult life. 

Nedarb

Honestly?

I think there are a lot of men who won't look twice at a woman who isn't considered extremely attractive. I think society has become rather shallow both ways. Many women look for looks only, but I don't think it can be said that it is only women. Men have become like this as well.

This is not an issue of gender, it is an issue of humans, male or female. I think to aim that accusation at women alone is a little unfair. Plus, it is not every single male or female who feels this way. We should avoid trying to suggest everyone is exactly the same.

Maybe things a different there in the UK, but as a young male in Canada attending college, its 100% true. Since I don't have any friends of either gender, I observe men and women interacting. There is a hierarchy of social status: attractive women on top, then average women, then after a drop attractive men, then after a huge drop average men. Nobody likes to hear and talk about the truth, because society is so focused on making young women feel good about themselves, but this is the brutal honest truth. Its really too bad that females have to lose their attractive looks as they age before they realize that being less attractive does not mean that you are a lesser person. Likely because its makes them humble 

null

Maybe things a different there in the UK, but as a young male in Canada attending college, its 100% true. Since I don't have any friends of either gender, I observe men and women interacting. There is a hierarchy of social status: attractive women on top, then average women, then after a drop attractive men, then after a huge drop average men. Nobody likes to hear and talk about the truth, because society is so focused on making young women feel good about themselves, but this is the brutal honest truth. Its really too bad that females have to lose their attractive looks as they age before they realize that being less attractive does not mean that you are a lesser person. Likely because its makes them humble 

This has nothing to do with nationality. You're basing a statement about an entire gender on your experiences in college, a place renowned for casual, meaningless sex which obviously is much more to do with looks than strong relationships. Do you realise how offensive this could sound to Canadian women? You're essentially calling them all shallow, superficial beings who are only interested in looks. If a woman said that about Canadian men, how would that make you feel?

Asgardian

Nobody likes to hear and talk about the truth, because society is so focused on making young women feel good about themselves, but this is the brutal honest truth.

Yep, instead society should make young women feel absolutely terrible about themselves. And yes I am being sarcastic. 

Do you really think that comes across as a good attitude to have?

Its really too bad that females have to lose their attractive looks as they age before they realize that being less attractive does not mean that you are a lesser person. Likely because its makes them humble 

I'm sorry but this just sounds bitter. 

Nedarb

Yep, instead society should make young women feel absolutely terrible about themselves. And yes I am being sarcastic. 

Do you really think that comes across as a good attitude to have?

I'm sorry but this just sounds bitter. 

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I never said that young women should feel terrible about themselves. But they shouldn't be told that they are gods gift to the world and that everyone should worship the ground they walk on either. With all of these beauty campaigns, female support groups, etc that indoctrinate young women to thinking that they can never do wrong and that everyone of them deserves their prince charming. There is absolutely NOTHING for young men other than telling them to not rape, shut up and listen to women, don't lie to women, hold the door for women, etc. Society teaches that young men are bastards, or that we are just too stupid and need to be told how to behave. 

Again this is the brutal honest truth that nobody, especially the media, ever talks about. Think about when you were younger, Phil. How many times were you told by your parents or teachers or the television to be chivalrous? And happy wife=happy life?