Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chalkie

"Sheilds!"

chalkie

I have sheilds, whereby i can shut out many distractions. To me this is a boon however wifey dispairs sometimes of the need to penetrate them to bring my attention to something . my son also autistic ,needs ear protectors when in crowded places. Thoughts please...

Bruce

Must be some way let wife bring stuff to your attention, despite whatever shields? More information on those?

Ear defenders don't stop, say, gently touching you or son? To temporarily remove, so can say whatever? Etc

chalkie

By "sheilds" I mean an intentional shutting out of background noise/ignoring potential interruptions.

I tend to revert to star trek similes or metaphor...

Without this,I would be prone/liable to sensory overload such as has caused meltdown in my son in niosy/crowded environment

Whoknows

Go somewhere else. Somewhere peaceful, like a town in the forest or mountains, rather than a commercial centre.

Bruce

By "sheilds" I mean an intentional shutting out of background noise/ignoring potential interruptions.

I tend to revert to star trek similes or metaphor...

Without this,I would be prone/liable to sensory overload such as has caused meltdown in my son in niosy/crowded environment

OK, so, the previous advice...? For when have to go into such situations!

StormCrow

I have/make actual shields, for historical reenacting/living history.

Good for swords and spears, but not so good with ASD feeling stuff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.